Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Russians in the Alps: big decline predicted

Poster: A snowHead
@Legend., What ski resorts Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Legend. wrote:
Love to see Brits complaining about foreign nationals invading our ski resorts :x

ok, found it: http://snowsports.nevisrange.co.uk/images/PisteMap.pdf
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Hyst, They're all our aren't they?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Legend., Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I quite like going to low Brit resorts not out of any antipathy to my fellow countrymen but because I quite like feeling I'm abroad. I have knowingly come across relatively few Russians in the alps but suspect that is largely due to the time of year I have skied.
Some of the accompanying women have been extraordinarily beautiful.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hyst wrote:
@Legend., Puzzled

@Hyst, I was taking the wee wee about Brits moaning about about foreigners in ski resorts. Somewhat ironic, no?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@T Bar, yes aren't they. I've always been touched by how these charming young women like to go skiing with their uncles to take care of them. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Legend., Ok - I somehow do not like this (Russian) bashing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@thecramps,
I've only ever met one Russian girl like that and she was married to a British city trader - her legs were longer than mine & I'm 6'3"
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hyst wrote:
@Legend., Ok - I somehow do not like this (Russian) bashing.

My point precisely. I think we're just jealous as they have more money than us...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Legend., @Hyst, calm down chaps, no one is bashing the Russians. (Only bashing the Dutch ).

Invading Ukraine was a bit of a faux-pas you must admit. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Isn't it just a new money syndrome the majority of 'new money' are all a nightmare regardless of nationality and skiing is seen as 'the thing to do' if you have money so therefore you just get the worst of the new money lot mixed in with people who love skiing.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@thecramps, there's only really one Dutch that needs bashing. On the whole the Dutch are more or less OK. The one exception could do with some thorough processing though!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Steilhang, mrsthecramps and I had an unpleasant trip from meribel in one of the cars back over to VT direction. 4 large young dutch realised we were English quickly, and then sang anti English songs, Not realising I understood through the entire trip. some of the songs were accompanied with gestures. At the top of the lift when I said "Bedankt voor een aangename reis. tot ziens" or something similar. The big guys wilted. I was pleased because I thought I would get my head filled, They were total idiots though, but in my experience, by no means a measure of the dutch.

To everyone who is sensible, and that is most of us, The Dutch are fine, The Norwegians are fine, The Russians are fine and we, The Brits are too. But we all have our embarrassing few.
Probably.
Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 12-11-14 13:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dutch? Singing anti-English songs? Takes all sorts I suppose, thought they saved their bile for the Germans much like certain Brits with that mentality. They have to watch themselves with me as well, whilst not educated in either Dutch or German speaking their Scandinavian cousins means I get the gist fairly well... Twisted Evil
latest report
@nailzstomp, exactly, I got the gist. They were quite aggressive, mrsthecramps was a bit frightened by them, and she speaks no Dutch.
ski holidays
http://www.euronews.com/2014/11/26/cash-strapped-russian-tourists-stay-away-from-austrian-ski-resorts/
snow report
@stanton, maybe they will all be in France, but the good news is you won't be there. Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy