Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking to get away 14 Dec for a week but to where??

Poster: A snowHead
Hi. My brother and his family want a week away ideally Sat 13 Dec as we have earlier school holidays. The party would be a 9 year old nephew who has 2 seasons skiing, sis in law is a non skier but keen walker, bro and I are good intermediate/advanced. I'm just tagging along to give my bro somebody to ski with and the criteria is
Short ish transfer time
Ideally catered chalet or hotel with a focal point so that sis in law may meet like minded souls
Snow
Budget is tight

I usually ski in Morzine but it's a little early so want somewhere with a higher likelihood of snow and most lifts open.

What are your ideas and suggestions?? Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @charliesimpson,

We have a double and twin room next to each other left for Sat 13th - 20th December in our Chalet Genepi which might suit - click the link below for more info.

It's in Plagne 1800 so you have access the the whole Paradiski area, there are some great kids ski schools and plenty to do for a non skier including walking paths, snowshoeing, sledging run, olympic bobsleigh track, swimming pool, shops, cafes and restaurants . . .and of course a good book and a glass of wine in the chalet!

The transfer is 90min from chambery of two and a half hours from Grenoble, Geneva or Lyon and we offer shared transfers for £85pp return. Price is £299 per person, fully catered for the week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@charliesimpson, Esprit Ski are advertising some cracking prices for that week, I has an email yesterday. Could be a good option if you don't mind a place with lots of kids around giving there's only the one in your party, could be good for him though. Sis is sure to meet others on this type of holiday. Worth a look maybe.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@charliesimpson, you have a PM Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@charliesimpson, come to Les Arcs. If you go on the Les Arcs thread here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2579200#2579200

You will find links for places to stay plus everything else you need to plan your holiday. There are already a bunch of snowheads out that week plus some kids that also have early holidays so family should be ok. Best thing is that they have big discounts that week but you need to book quickly as I think discounts finish on 15 November. You can either take the train to Bourg from UK or fly. Transfers are easy.

Take a look at the season thread linked above for other questions you may have about Les Arcs.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
guy asks and everyone just uses it as an excuse to sell their unused rooms.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@madlondoner, he asked for ideas and suggestions and that's what people are offering.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@madlondoner, I didn't, I have nothing to do with Esprit just passing on info about good prices. I agree with you about one of the other posters though.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@charliesimpson, your criterion of short transfer won't be easy - most of the places which will be open and reasonably likely to have snow that week are a fair bit further than Morzine. It's early though - be aware that snow, even in Les Arcs and La Plagne which aren't bad suggestions, might be limited. For more certain snow cover (because of more skiing at high altitude) Tignes would probably be best, of the French resorts.

You could afford to leave it later to book, when you have a better idea of snow cover.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Avoriaz - not much further than Morzine, would meet all of your criteria and I haven't anything to sell!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Most of Austria seems to be opening around 5th Dec.

Book a flight to Innsbruck and you'll have plenty options within a 1 hour transfer.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ski Olympic have got deals for that week at the moment
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@madlondoner, rubbish! I have nothing to sell either.

@charliesimpson, right now there is not much snow anywhere below 2500 m, but there is a month to go so plenty of time for it to change. If you need to book my advice, look for somewhere over 2000m. Arc 2000 area would be ok. But I agree Tignes might have more snow, but if the whether is bad, you could be stuck up in Tignes as they have very few tree areas even lower down. Waiting till last minute might be the best. Just get your flights booked.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm going to Courchevel 1850 that weekend, I've been to the 3Vs three times for the pre-Christmas week and the snow cover has always been fine, especially if you stay high. La Plagne has always been great that week as well, and Tignes/Val is also a very good bet. Tignes is cheaper than Val.

None of the transfer times are short though!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Most of Austria seems to be opening around 5th Dec.

Book a flight to Innsbruck and you'll have plenty options within a 1 hour transfer.

+1

Soelden or Obergurgl/Hochgurgl might be options (the former also having glacier skiing).

I like Kuehtai as well though it is of course smaller than the two above. Very Happy
snow conditions
Catered chalet in Courcheval with groupon for £249?
http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/groupon-getaways/ga-powder-white-4/48992759?p=19&nlp=&CID=UK_CRM_1_0_0_314&utm_source=channel_getaways-deals&utm_medium=email&sid=05466eb6-ba55-4535-b19c-c73db0f67a79&division=groupon-getaways&uh=796aa20a-f744-4eb9-9a44-67beeb36aa43&date=20141011&sender=rm&s=body&c=deal_title&d=deal-page&utm_campaign=ga-powder-white-4-48992759
ski holidays
@charliesimpson, That can be a great week to ski - cheap and quiet.

But it is early with the obvious risk that entails of sparse cover and 1/2 open resorts.

How about Mountain Sun's gaff in Tignes 1800? Not a short transfer but apart from that it might suit... It's cheap at least...
snow conditions
Is there a handy website that shows the number of runs open per resort... so that we could compare resorts on the weekend of 5th December and get the latest view?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy