Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rivington Alpine, Great Boot Fitting service

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I just thought its good to spread the word when you get great service.

I went to see Graham at Rivington Alpine in Adlington, between Bolton and Chorley.

I would not go anywhere else to have my boots fitted now, especially after a nasty ankle
injury last year, Graham was my first stop to have my boots played with and new
Superfeet Custom Black Pro footbeds made on the New Vaccum footbed machine.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
+1

I was there on Monday.

Nice guys and very knowledgeable if your Ooop North they're a solid option for proper boot fitting service.

Got to book a session at the Chillfactore to bed them in now.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
there a year or so ago and top service. Off there from Scotland soon for a refit.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+2

I went on Thursday evening for a boot fit and the customer service and level of knowledge was admirable to say the least. Graham spent ages ensuring the boots were right and that I no longer had problems with circulation in my toes (that I always get in ski boots). So refreshing to come away from somewhere as customer where you're made to feel really important Smile
Highly recommended
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+3 great lads, Graham is a great boot fitter, really relaxed environment too. Love the wall piste map on ground floor and the German Shepherds too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Guys - have you bought the boots here or just had them fitted? Just wondering if they have a decent selection - think I need to treat myself Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Johnor, just had mine fitted, custom insole brilliant. They have a fairly limited selection of boots but can get them in I believe.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks Markymark - so did you buy new boots and get them fitted there or were old boots which you decided required insoles?
thanks john
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Existing boots that needed adjustment, canting and cuff adjustment, plus a new custom insole, my wife had same too. Great service! Don't expect a quick turnaround, it's a long job but a very sociable experience wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I got my new boots from there recently - I enjoyed the boot fitting experience & they were very nice! Have been wearing the new boots in for a couple of weeks now and a couple of trips to the Fridge for a ski - they are so so painful and uncomfortable, I can barely grimace through 30 mins at a time in them. I hope that by going back for a re-fitting will make them miles better, else I will be back to wearing my old boots on my up-coming ski holiday for fear of my big toe going black! Shocked
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh - keep us informed after the re-fitting pls - uncomfortable I can understand to a point - but painful Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Markymark29 wrote:
Don't expect a quick turnaround, it's a long job but a very sociable experience wink

I counted 4 cups of tea:)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mildy

They will be fine after a refitting. This is to be expected if you want a custom fit rather than a out of the box comfy but ( too big) fit.

A few tweaks and grinds here and there will sort you out. wink

The liner will pack out a full 1/2 size with use so it is better to be able to adjust any pinch points or circulation issues after you've done a few laps of the chill factore.

I will be doing the same thing with mine.

I remember thinking my last pair of boots were way too tight. I kept them for 6 years so they must have packed out Ok in the end.

This time I've gone down a full size so fingers crossed.

The main thing is the guys at RA know what there talking about. They will look after you both now and in the future,whatever it takes to get them right. It's all part of the service.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy