Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Monterosa Ski 14/15

Poster: A snowHead
@Feast, shhh.

@bruisedskier, only the one in the OH's (and her family's) heads. Sadly.

Extending the Colle chair would make for a very very long lift and it's already cold and long enough snowHead I think it also doesn't gain you so much?

Belvedere has to go. It's beyond antique. Even the Chileans won't buy it and they buy anything.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thinking about it, extending the Colle down (probably not practical) or putting a new lift in from Frachey to the Colle base station just doubles up on the Mandria with no real benefit. What you want to be able to do from colle base is get straight up to the top of the Mandria and avoid it. And likewise in the opposite direction.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anyone there at the moment? Arriving at the weekend and keen for an update. Thanks
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Heading out in a couple of weeks myself so also keen on updates Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Phatchick, please don't forget to give updates yourself when you're there
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Also heading out on Sunday if the forecast comes to fruition it should be good! I'll report back when I'm there.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In Champoluc for half term, so hovering for any updates on conditions! Seems to be a distinct lack of decent webcams in the area, compared with some places, but then what will be will be.....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mickv, This shows Champoluc, the "S" in the bottom right through the tree is the home run "Del Bosco"

Just above this is "Crest" above this you can see a straight line through the trees which is the gondala to Ostafa.

http://www.monterosa-ski.com/phpwebcam/webcam?wid=5

This is Crest, and you can see the gondala and the line through the trees.

http://www.regione.vda.it/bollettino_neve/images/champoluc.jpg
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@bruisedskier. Thanks for those links. Will monitor too regularly for the next few weeks!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@mickv, Here's another;

http://www.ski-2.com/webcam/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks - ski-2 FB page also has good up to date info and photos.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arrived in Gressoney La Trinite today. Got here in plenty of time so when getting a pass asked how much it would be for a few hours in the afternoon so for 15 Euro did a few laps of the area. Quite variable on piste, ranging for grippy loose snow to being quite polished in places but generally very nice. I've only brought my fatter skis but would have been nicer with my Head Magnums. Nipped of the side of the piste and while cut up it's still quite nice. Guide tomorrow so should find some nice stuff.

Liking the area so far, not overly impressed with the two very slow 2 man chairs I was lapping, and chocca with cold but looking forward to an exciting week of exploring a new area. snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Keep the updates coming Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dashed, Will do. From the limited time I was out the weather was quite odd but not unusual. It was clear and sunny looking down the valley towards St. Jean while further up there was a lot of weather about.

Will have a much better idea tomorrow on off late conditions. Early night to try and get over this cold rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Bene, slow 2 mans cos you're in La Trinite...
snow conditions
@Bene, good stuff! Arriving next Saturday so reading the updates with interest!
snow conditions
@Bene, bus it to stafal ...quicker !
latest report
Thinking of cheeky trip to Cervinia leaving Wed evening to redeem a lift pass voucher due to high winds a couple of weeks ago. A lot of snow forecast Wed and Thursday - snowforecast has 20cm each day, anyone know if I'll have trouble on the drive up, bearing in mind I'd be arriving in resort around midnight, I'm afraid the snow ploughs will stop by then so there might be an accumulation.

Will post in resort review thread also.
ski holidays
@8611, snowfirecast is rubbish. Meteoblue is better, but still just automated. I'm afraid I don't have a good Monterosa forecast that involves humans.
snow conditions
@8611, should have read your post. We've never had trouble driving up to Champoluc, I would expect similar snow clearing standards in Cervinia.
ski holidays
recently drove up to Cervinia after a dump. Was about 11:00pm and road was clean as a whistle. Police down the bottom stopped to warn us there may be ice, snow on the road but it was fine.
snow report
Great thanks. Snow dances everyone.
latest report
Quick update. After Mondays nice and sunny day yesterday was flat light but still decent enough viz snowed a little throughout the day.

Looks like it will be similar today. Off piste is very variable, still untracked light powder around and plenty of tracked chopped up stuff.

Really enjoying the area it's dead! Piste conditions are excellent.
latest report
Keep them coming Bene - Snowforecast suggests more snow over next few days, but can't find a local version which would no doubt be more reliable. Something tells me it may not be so quiet the week after next when we are there rolling eyes

Anyone used the ski-2 nursery by the way? We have a 16 month old who will be spending some time there during our week.

Cheers
Mick
ski holidays
@mickv, Ski2 seem like a very sensible set up although we don't have kids so don't know for sure Happy
ski holidays
Hello Bene. Will be in Champoluc on Sunday. Your reports are much appreciated. Hope you are enjoying the local hospility, rather better value than France. Little Angel
ski holidays
Stopped in a mountain hut for lunch. 10 Euro gets you a main meal and a drink across the area.

Sun is trying to get out so the light us better and casting some definition. Good few cms up top over night.
snow conditions
Yesterday was a very good day. Although at times it was hard work with the flat light it snowed lightly all day so by mid afternoon there was quite a bit of the fresh stuff about and the guide took us to some interesting places Shocked . It seemed to have stopped by time I turned in last night but on looking out the window this morning I'd say a at least an inch has fallen over night and the tree braches are heavy with fresh snow. Again the light looks flat-ish. Today was forecast the heaviest snowfall of the week but currently it's not snowing and may have come last night-will report back this evening after hopefully an epic day snowHead

ETA

Coming down heavy in the village now..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Bene - appreciating the updates. Have a good day Happy
snow conditions
Thanks also Bene. Hope you did have a epic day. What guides are you skiing with? Smile
snow report
Looks like a sunny week for us next week - hopefully today's forecasted snow materialises!
latest report
Skied cervinia, cervinia side of zermatt and valtournache today, 5 to 10 cm of fresh and spitting snow most of the day, off piste shin deep, best snow probably valtournache accumulating on piste there and fun to be had in the forest, hopefully get a guide for tomorrow. Snow in zermatt noticeably worse than italy, was the same when we were here a month ago.

Snowing lightly but persistently at moment. Visibility poor all day.
snow conditions
Sorry lads - wrong thread, unless you're in a heli maybe; )
ski holidays
A day of epic-ness Very Happy It's been dumping all day and seems to got heavier-at village level since getting back. It was windy up top so we stayed low and had some awesome tree skiing. The pistes turned to off piste and it was dead so enjoyed deserted pistes when needed to use them.

On the way back some exposed pistes were quite wind scoured, in poor light they caught me out a bit after skiing deep powder all day!

@peter w, I'm on a course with Snoworks and my guide is Chamonix based but has came over for the week along with 2 other guides.

The conditions may be putting slightly rose tinted spectacles on it but I'm really enjoying the area-it's DEAD! It's meant to be sunny on Saturday so could get busier with day trippers but for anyone coming out for a week it will be awesome.
snow report
Well done Bene! I do hope you are right re the awesome. All the very best. Smile
snow report
Amazing day, loads of fresh snow. Powder tree skiing all day. Brilliant and it's still snowing. More of the same tomorrow I think.
snow report
Ski-2 webcam link posted above shows the snowfall nicely. Clearly been heaping it down for much of the day and still falling. Looking good for those travelling out this weekend. I have to wait till next but there we go... wink
latest report
Powder day you lucky so an sos Very Happy
snow report
A very special ski day.........

Right up there with my best ski days, despite there only being one lift open for the first half of the day skiing the trees with in places 5 foot + of powder was something really special. It's sad in way as a holiday skier I could ski for 2-3 weeks a year for the next 10, 20, 30 years? And not have another day as good as that.

It's dumped all day and is still snowing lightly now. The forecast for tomorrow is set to be sunny and if it is it will be the perfect end to an awesome week.

ETA

One thing this week has made me realise is forecasts unless someone is on the ground aren't worth the electronic paper they're written on. Looking around various forecast were someway off what has actually transpired in Gressoney this week.
ski holidays
Definitely as I'm just around the corner and while it's nice there's nowhere near that much snow
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy