Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buses from peisey to plan peisey

Poster: A snowHead
We are skiing in les arcs in January, our chalet is in le villaret down in old peisey... Can anyone tell me please, is there a bus to be had up to peisey-vallandry village, or do we have to use this lobster pot lift to get up there? Any help appreciated!!
Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Carrie0208, Hi and welcome to SHs

There are buses which run around as well as the Lobster Pot lift, but not sure how long they run for. Lobster pots are simple and easy to use though.

Some chalets also have their own minibuses.

Check out the Peisey Tourist web site as think they have the bus times on there
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah thank you for such a quick reply! New to this...
We don't have a courtesy bus with chalet and notice those pots finish late afternoon so hoped there were buses through the evening maybe....
Any ideas of somewhere nice for a meal on chalet staff night off? There's 20 of us so somewhere large enough? Thanks so much...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't think the bus service is much good in the evening so suspect you'll be down in the village after skiing but if you can get up to Plan Peisey then La Vache is great, popular though so fills up fast, regulars tend to book before their holiday, especially with a large group. La Refuge in Vallandry is a good pizzeria with a few local specialities thrown in. Not too sure about what is in Peisey Village but it's a proper town (as opposed to Plan Peisey which is pretty much only a ski station) so there should be some decent options there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Refuge in Vallandry is a good pizzeria with a few local specialities thrown in

+1 we go there every year for a meal and is nice, afraid don't know what options are available in peisey but have mooched around before and there are certainly some places
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just butting in. We're staying in Oree des Cimes in Feb and I can't work out where Peisey/Vallandry/Plan peisey all are in relation to each other for going out in an evening
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@bagginsmum, I always get the Peisey's mixed up - but basically Vallandry and Peisey something or other are the 2 ski areas and are in walking distance of each other.

The other Peisey is the one at the bottom of the bucket lifts
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://en.peisey-vallandry.com/winter/resorts.html
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oree des Cimes if my memory is right is a bit above the Vallandry shopping precinct. You're a few minutes away from the pistes (and Bar Mont Blanc) and a downhill walk to Vallandry (about 5 mins). Plan Peisey is uphill from where you are but not far. Peisey Village is down the lobster pots from below the Vanoise Express station and unless you're staying there not somewhere most holiday makers visit unless you do the off piste routes through the Valley of Idiots.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Carrie0208, It is possible to ski Down to La Villaret (mind the dogs thought - they like to scare the skiers under the lobster pot!) Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Carrie0208, I'm sure there's at least one restaurant down where you are staying in Le Villaret (or at least there was a couple of years ago). Which chalet company are you going with? I think they would know for sure but by my recollection there's no need to get buses up to Plan Peisey on chalet staff night off. Or you could change your thread title to something like 'Any restaurants near Le Villaret in Peisey' to locate the SnowHeads with the specific knowledge!

Le Villaret/old Peisey is a sweet little village, I really liked it.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
this website is great, so many helpful replies within just a few hours!! Thanks all I will look at those restaurants mentioned, chalet people also recommended La Vache and La Refuge...
I don't think its the dogs I would worry about if skiing down between plan peisey and peisey at the bottom, it would be the trees in my wayjudging by some people's comments on other threads skiing it is a wild way to get down. Buses or lobster pots for me I think! But these buses I need to find out about, will email tourist info I think to check further...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hello,

we go to a Chalet in le Vilaret each year. The lobster pots are the solution to get up to the lifts at Plan Peisey. They can be a bit of a chore but in January it will be quiet (Feb half term can be a bit stressful with lots of kids needing to get up in time for ski school).

Le Vilaret is a really lovely place to stay: proper old chalets, winding alleys, cobbles, cows, wood smoke and the gentle aroma of cow dung. It's almost exactly like being in an alpine village….

THere are a couple of bars and restaurants, we tend to get take out pizza for the night off though, make our own entertainment and perhaps go to the pub once.

Buses are not really an option late as you need to change / walk for miles (we have only done this once when we missed the last lift).

Where are you staying? We go to Chalet Himalaya which is very nice indeed.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
to go from or to ski resorts always is not so simple, there for I use transfers and try to book hotel very close to ski lift or ski bus. but to get to les arcs you can find tranfers here: https://www.transfers-in-europe.com/destinations-FRANCE-Les-Arcs/
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for that info and link. I stayed in Plan Peisey last time I went but it was almost 10 years ago and we were catered so didn't really leave the chalet much
snow conditions
@bagginsmum, Oree de Cimes is just a few yards down from Grizzly lift which is nice & quiet in the mornings.

We were disappointed in La Refuge last year, but they have a takeaway outpost just next to our appartment which does amazing pizzas. My favourite restaurant is La Vache. I think there is a bus in the evenings, as I know you can get from L'Ancolie in Nancroix, back to Plan Peiisey - not done it though.

@Carrie0208, Old Peisey is a lovely little village, as others have said. Make sure you visit the cheese shop - if you like cheese, that is! The lobster pots are lovely & a much nicer solution to getting up the hill to a bus.
snow report
Boris wrote:
@Carrie0208,Check out the Peisey Tourist web site as think they have the bus times on there

Seems like there's a new site in place. Gives the opening dates of the bus services but doesn't have anything as useful as a timetable
latest report
Hi - We have booked a chalet in Le Villaret (Les Arcs) for January and it looks like we have to get the Lonzagne (Lobster Pot) Lift up to Plan Peisey to get to the Ski Rental shops. I'm worried if we arrive a bit later than planned the lift will be closed - looks like it runs until 5.15 in January.
If that's the case would a bus be an option - do you know ?
As it looks like it's a 45 minute walk which would not be fun in the dark with kids, carrying ski gear !
Thanks so much in advance for any advice...
latest report
@AndySkier, You certainly wouldn't want to walk up - buses run regularly, will be updated but idea of timetable here

https://en.peisey-vallandry.com/shuttles.html
snow conditions
Hi Boris, Thanks for such a quick reply - that sounds good, I'll check out the link. Thanks again...
latest report
Last season 1st-Lifts did a shuttle service from Peisey to Plan Peisey on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. 50 euros return for private van- 8 people.

Or 5 euros a seat one way /10 euros after 10.30pm.

I don't know whether they will do it again this year but if they do it normally runs from mid jan onwards.

Alternatively in peisey village you can go to Greg's bar and have pizzas /chips or to Le Bachal for steak/Raclette/fondues etc- great food and Greg's bar great too.
ski holidays
Peisey is amazing!! A beautiful village. I did my first season there 12 years ago and now live there running a chalet. It is quite rare to have such a beautiful traditional working village linked to a mega resort and the lobster pots are great. Enjoy them before the telecabine replaces them in 2 years.
latest report
@julietp, thanks that's great - good to know there are options if we arrive late and have to get up to Plan Peisey to get our rental gear.
Also, thanks for the restaurant recommendations - that's my next job to book somewhere for the chalet staff night off.
Great forum this - so good to get views from people with local knowledge...thanks again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy