Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lightweight ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
rachelb wrote:
Hi @pam I have been the thinking the same way for years, looking on enviously at those light touring boots wondering when the boot manufacturers will apply the same techniques to Alpine boots. Now that my boots are nearing the end of their life, like you. I am considering the touring range even though its unlikely that I will do much, if any, touring. I also have quite wide feet. I'd be very interested to see how you get on. Does anyone have any view on the Scarpa F1 WMN which has very good reviews? Would it be good enough (doesn't have to excellent) for mainly on piste skiing?

it happened 3 years ago, more and more each year, atomic, salomon, and head all make thinner walled shell alpine boots, whilst not as light as the lightest touring boots they give proper alpine performance for those who don't need or want pin inserts and walk modes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like the idea of a boot called Lupo, because I have a very lovely grandson of that name. Blush
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
I like the idea of a boot called Lupo, because I have a very lovely grandson of that name. Blush

Maybe it's fate!

They actually are brilliant boots too though. I have the 120 Lupo AX version and have never been happier with my boots.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are they compatible with regular downhill bindings?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wtr or MNC alpine bindings, yes.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy