Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Potential holiday destinations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Myself and a few friends are looking to go away around February next year for a long weekend for a few days boarding. Just wondered if anyone had any advice on a good place to go around Europe for good weather that time of year? We wanted to keep it fairly low cost as well.

Many thanks for and help or advice in advance!

Kind Regards
Dave
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davejay00, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead For low cost, you need to avoid February which is high season just about everywhere. And long weekends always work out expensive, in terms of "cost per hour on the snow". If you could do a week in mid January you'd be spoiled for choice and it would be cheaper and less busy. If it has to be February, and has to be a long weekend you can probably get some good pointers here, but it won't be cheap.

French school holidays apply to all the long weekends in February so it would probably be best heading somewhere else. Apart from cheap, what else are you looking for?

Driving, flying, coach?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Pam,

Many thanks for your prompt reply!

February was just a thought, could easily do January to save costs! We would be looking to fly somewhere. Are there any good package deals out there, or is it best to put something together yourself?

Kind Regards
Dave
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't think you'll find may package deals for a long weekend, mainly standard sat/sat or sun/sun weeks.

If you want to go the TO/package route, can be flexible and are a small enough group your best bet now is to wait for a last minute deal. First full week in Jan is usually cheapest and quietest. It's relatively early in the season so by leaving it late you can check where the snow is good and look for a last minute deal there?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

If you want to go the TO/package route, can be flexible and are a small enough group your best bet now is to wait for a last minute deal. First full week in Jan is usually cheapest and quietest. It's relatively early in the season so by leaving it late you can check where the snow is good and look for a last minute deal there?

This! You'll get so much more bang for your buck.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We love Austria... great snow, good range of slopes (i am a perpetual beginner with a range of friend abilities), great ski school in ski amade and VERY well priced!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@davejay00, I would second pam w's comment - stick to January if you can. I still can't work out why the first few weeks of Jan aren't more popular - usually good snow by then, deserted pistes in a lot of areas, accommodation is not booked up so you get some amazing deals. Before all my friends decided to become teachers, we always went at this time!

I may be biased Very Happy but in terms of in resort costs such as food and drink Austria will see your Euro go a lot further than France and than your Franc in Switzerland. Have a look at Norwegian for flights as they are doing some great deals this season and cover a lot of routes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yes, food and drink on the slopes are cheaper in most Austrian resorts than in the main French resorts. But other costs, including lift passes, flights etc are comparable and if you are bargain hunting I don't think many Austrian resorts offer such a wide range of low-cost accommodation. Some of it is very cramped if you fill all the beds - but can suit groups of friends on a tight budget. If you are after a cheap holiday you won't eat or drink much out on the mountain, or in bars, anyway and if you are buying food and alcohol in supermarkets to cater for yourselves I suspect there is little difference.

If you go for a catered chalet, which can be a great way to have a holiday (and where you can find some serious bargains last minute in January) then you will need to spend very little out on the slopes anyway, with a big chalet breakfast, tea after skiing and a full evening meal with wine provided. The majority of British run catered chalets are in France but there are certainly some in Austria. Italy seems to have clamped down on the "British catered chalet" model in the last year or so.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
a lot of ski resorts in Italy are very very good and nice. If you are looking for budget trip, first you have to find airports where you can fly for low costs, and after check how to get to any ski resort. Is important, that you live near ski lifts or there are good ski bus solution to go to mountines, otherwise you will need a car in the spot and that makes trip more expensive.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy