Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee

Poster: A snowHead
We are off there on Thursday 15 Dec and managed to get the hotel cheap too 49 chf for one of the lads - me and another guy sharing a double for 118chf - with view and balcony - the joy

The day ski pass last week of 12 chf is no longer available Sad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Need reports .. going end of Jan .. be good to here whats open/closed & good / bad! Know it's a long time off but getting excited!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are back there around the 7th.

I will update over the weekend or Friday night whichever I have time to do.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
off to saas fee in 2 weeks and 23 hours - slightly sad that I know - so any updates greatly appreciated....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, updates please! I'm flying out on 24th... can't wait, but I hope there's a nice dump of snow on Friday Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dump is the word - 4 inches between 9am and 3pm then I had to leave to get back for my kids school play

Good snow - lots of ice just underneath.

I heard a local forecast that it might snow until Monday - at that rate there will be a lot of snow - by the time I got back to Lausanne there was abotu 3 inches of snow down there.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am heading back up on Saturday anyone else there ?

Does anyone know of a bar there that would show skysports on Sunday ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm off to SF in Mid feb, first return there since my first ever ski holiday there in 1976 !
I hope they have got rid of those T bars !
Reading some of the latest reviews on the resort, I get the impression that the resort does need some upgrades.
What do you lot reckon out there ?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I like the T bars - I hate the buttons

I will be back here on Monday and give you an up date on conditions and any other info that might help others
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I board as well as ski, so hate buttons, haven't tried T bars on a board, but imagine it's a nightmare. Any views ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In my very limited experience of boarding, I found T bars easier than buttons....but still hard work.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
T-bars are much better than buttons especially if one of you rides normal and the other goofy, then if one goes so does the other and you don't feel so bad! no really it helps the balance. Enjoy snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll give it bash, but hopefully there are enough chairs etc so I can avoid them altogether.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
you can take the alpine express up from the village otherwise you take the button or T Bar up to the gondola, there are a couple of other small lifts (small cabins) just at the end of the village before the ice rink too

conditions - no fresh snow - hard pack and from what I have seen so far not too much on the ice front - 5 more days of this Smile

one of the party did her cruciate ligament first day on the slopes - on her last run of the day

the rest of us are safe so far .......................... snowHead
snow conditions
Sounds great Obelix 67, apart from the ligament. My Mrs bust her leg after lunch on the first day at Val T 10 years ago and a sister in law cracked her "tail bone" on the way to the rental store in Mammoth the year before
I am getting conflicting info on ski lift passes. This year's "Where to ski and Snowbaord" says if 2 adults buy a 6 day pass, the 2nd and subsequent kids get a free one.
My Thomson brochure offers similar, but only 1 free lift pass. As I have 3 kids with me, I need to know, do I book in advance through Thomo's or get them at the resort ?

Also having one heck of a struggle finding the price of the lift passes, the Saas Fee web site is not exactly user friendly.

One last thing, will they accept Euro's or does it have to be swiss francs

Thanks
ski holidays
Sarge, see www.saas-fee.ch/en/price_ski_wi.cfm the prices for individuals are given in Euros and Swiss francs, but it is not clear whether Euros are accepted. The price for a 6 day family ticket is CHF 788 (2 adults and 1 child) with the explicit statement that the 2nd child onwards skis fee provided all children are under 16.
latest report
obelix67, more silly questions as you seem to be the resident Snowhead expert on Saas-Fee. As you may remeber I'm off there with the family on 22nd Jan. Wife doesn't ski and Hannah (4 3/4's) is in ski classes in the pm. 1st silly question is Saas Fee in the german speaking part of Switzerland? 2nd is it worth getting a valley pass to include Saas Grund and Saas Almagell the differnece in price seems quite significant coonsidering the size of these two areas. 3rd (most silly question) how much more snow do they need to open up some more of the runs - seems very limited at present. Thanks in advance.
snow report
Sarge, they will probably accept Euros, but you won't get a great exchange rate, and they will give you your change in CHF. If you are going to be there for a few days, then you'll need Francs for other stuff, so you're best off getting some. Failing that, use a credit card.

stevew, Saas is in the German speaking part of Switzerland. If you are going to go to Saas Grund and/or Saas Almagell, then it needs to be for a day (you have to get a bus). If your wife can sort out daughter with ski school, then it may be worth it.....if you need to ski with her of a morning, then I'd say it wasn't worth the extra.

I stayed in Saas Grund, and quite enjoyed the skiing there. Only went to Saas Almagell one day, because it was the only area open due to winds/too much snow. Again, it's probably worth it for a day, but no more than that.
snow conditions
As well as asking the good folk on here, I also e-mailed the tourist info at the resort and they said
"The 6-day-liftpass for an adult is CHF 303.00 and for a Child CHF 182.00. If two adults and one child take this pass, the other children until 16 years are for free. " which is great news, so a family with 3 kids can ski for 6 days for ~ £350, saving £160 on kids lift pass.
I would say a bargain, but £135 for an adult pass for such a small resort is not a bargain.
latest report
Right - If you go to Alpine express there are a couple of folk stand outside with the spare day passes that have been pre ordered - these are normally 50 chf and they sell them for 20chf

If that isnt your thing when you get to Saas Fee you can buy the lift pass - I bought the 6 day and it was 303 chf as you have found out... only found out the folk selling the day passes for 20 chf on Friday....

There are a lot of runs open - the snow is wearing thin in places and rocks were starting to appear.

Our group 6 adults - all but myself had more skiing than the week in Bulgaria that they had done last year.

3 of the group by the end of the week were coming from Allalin 3500m down to Saas Fee (mixed red and black)

2 of the group were happy to stick to the Blue runs from Felskinn down to Saas Fee (the turn off for the blue is before the snow park on the right hand side as you come down)

The restaurant at Morenia - is a lovely place to dine - 2550m

The revolving restaurant at Allalin I found it ok - but others felt light headed and sick due to the altitude - when you come off the train that gets you up there struggle on and get either out into the open or up onto the viewing deck - the smell of the winches adds to the nausea.

We had no inclination of going to any of the other Saas venues - we found we were doing enough around the slopes that are available and were trying to improve technique and speed

There is a noise curfew at 10pm - breach the noise barrier and you get done 200 chf.

The schools there seemed to be ok and we found no one bitching about them....

The evening sledge run from Hannig is fun for a family evening out, there was one on Tuesday but the one on thursday was cancelled for some reason.

There is a bar not too far from the nursery slopes - they do the best rum and hot chocolate we found - the one that has the chairs covered in sheep skins.

Never saw anyone using Euros to be honest but then I wasnt looking for that either.

Our last night out we went to a Club called poison and were out until 6am.
snow report
Obelix,
Great info thanks a lot.
Sorry for the delay, but was in the Morzine/Flaine/Les Gets area the other week, then mega busy at work
I may well look for the 20CHF day passes instead of forking out 303.
The ski school we've been quoted wa 10-1pm, which is a bit of a pain, mucks up the morning and reduces the pm skiing.
Are there any 9-12 ones available
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy