Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Standard "chuck some suggestions at me pls" post - Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Group of 8-12 late twenties/early thirties, couples and singles
Mixed ability from 1-weekers to intermediates
Going for a week in Jan/February outside of hols
Thinking about Austria (majority of the group has not been to Austria before)
Good Apres important but doesn't need to be Ibiza on snow
Will probably go the package route - most people live in and aorund London
Budget ideally not more than £700ea for flights, transfers, accommodation

Any stand-out places to consider?

Tvm
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You would get a decent hotel in Mayrhofen with that budget. Good range of skiing here as you can ski Mayrhofen and all the other resorts int he Zillertal valley on the same pass. Apres is good and is pretty reasonably priced.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Welt? Soll is apparently quite lively in winter.

But it seems you've basically described. any linked Austrian area bar the Arlberg.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mayrhofen/Zillertal, Kitzbuhel/Kirchberg (but you may struggle with price and stay away from the World Cup weekend), Zell am See/Kaprun, Saalbach-Hinterglemm, Wagrain/Flachau, Maria Alm ... and so on. Check out the forum search function (top-left above) for threads such as the Saalbach ones:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94479&start=80 and http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2402083&highlight=saalbach+thread#2402083
and a bit more here >>> http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2597381&highlight=saalbach#2597381
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mayrhofen would suit you at that price I think. Or look at Saalbach/Hinterglemm or Schladming.

Ischgl and St Anton might be too pricey.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Saalbach-Hinterglemm and check out the Hotel Konig (Crystal certainly had it a couple of seasons ago).

Great hotel, great food, good location, not budget-busting, decent sized rooms. 5 minute walk into town, but just far enough from the centre not to be overly noisy, ski schools are just behind it, possible to ski back to the hotel (you do have to cross one road) and one can use the beginner tow in the area behind to get up to the main area.

Plenty of blue runs and it is intermediate heaven.

Did I mention the apres....?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What Cacciatore said!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I agree with @Cacciatore, - but then I would, wouldn't I? Seriously though, your budget should easily cover it. PM me your e-mail if you'd like a copy of my fairly comprehensive guide to Saalbach, covering flights, transfers, ski-packs, skiing, après-ski, restaurants, bars, etc.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 for mayrhofen . is your budget for half board or b+b ? try here http://www.crystalski.co.uk/search/sr.4 . by far the best hotel i`ve stayed in . end of jan is coming up as £439 for b+b. plus £190 for a ski pass.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks guys, that's hugely helpful - ideally half board catering.

Seems Mayrhofen and Saalbach are the two stand out choices so will get the ball rolling with those. Kitzbuhel was suggested by one of our party so may see if we can pick up a bargain there too...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TT - have pm-ed you
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
To be fair you will have a great time in any of these and so best bet is to see where you can get the best hotel etc
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@googiew, gotcha
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you can make it work at your budget or stretch your budget a little then Ischgl is just fantastic for groups of mixed ability.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@downhillalltheway, yep thanks, from offline conversations with people who have said similar it's definitely worth us seeing if we can find a deal...
snow report
Ischgl is very expensive, the cheaper accommodation gets snapped up. We had to book in March, and nearly missed out even then.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy