Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Simon Butler ... "BASI licence revoked" [1 Nov] ... court challenge [21 Nov]

Poster: A snowHead
Is TTT the Gaper Spirit Animal?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
next thing will be SB..the criminal mastermind asking for a gazillion pounds ransom for eerrr err.... i'm sure i've eaten far too much popcorn wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@irie, oh hello, are we on again?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@thecramps Dunno. Friday night and things are bit slow. wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Here we go again rolling eyes

So TTT Why did BASI go to court again today Puzzled I understand they lost Puzzled
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Where did you hear that ^^^ ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@irie, Some info on the basi fb page.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If someone will sort out the popcorn I'll get the barbeque going.

Beers are in the fridge. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Popcorn and Pizza, no point in slumming it.

And a lemonade for TT Troll 'cos she'll be along soon I expect
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Stewart Woodward's posting above appears to refer to this court notice ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155119381830273&set=gm.10152506386975826&type=1&theater

Simon Butler explains thus, on the same Facebook thread ...

Quote:
It was a bit of a surprise to me, but my lawyers have told me the case was in court because for some reason best know to the Directors, BASI had decided to make an objection to a simple procedural matter and had insisted on having this heard before a Judge. Anyway, because of BASIs' position, all the various lawyers and advocates (Barristers) were dragged into court for a hearing and it all seems to have been a bit of a waste of everyones time and money, because the Judge overruled BASI, refused their application and found in my favour ! ( Again…) For obvious reasons, I’ve been told that I can’t say too much about things at the moment, but what I can say is that despite repeated attempts by my team to discuss things with them and have the whole matter sorted out, the Directors still seem insistent on spending the membership fees on all the lawyers! “

No official word from BASI, at least in the public domain, on what this matter is about.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sounds like a procedural matter rather than any judgement on the substance
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What a farce.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BASI update this morning, summarising developments since 1 November 2014, when Simon Butler's membership of BASI was cancelled ...

http://www.basi.org.uk/article/january-2015-simon-butler-membership-update.aspx

Quote:

January 2015 Simon Butler Membership Update

16 January 2015

BASI Statement

Simon Butler Membership Status

1 November 2014 The BASI Board removes Simon Butler’s Membership on the 1st November 2014 for bringing BASI into disrepute and breaches of BASI’s Articles of Association. Membership was removed under Article 9(a) iii Cessation of Membership and Article 4 (b) on the basis of the following: Mr Butler has confirmed in writing to the Association and verbally that he has recruited Level 2 and Level 3 Members to deliver lessons for his ski school operation in France. Under current French law it is unlawful for Level 2 and Level 3 instructors to deliver lessons unless they are employed by a ski school established and recognised under French law as a Centre de Formation and meet the criteria for working in France under this arrangement. Mr Butler’s ski school does not have Centre de Formation status. Mr Butler has knowingly and continually placed other Level 2 and Level 3 Members of the Association in danger of prosecution for working illegally most recently this has culminated in the arrest and prosecution of some Members contracted by Mr Butler’s business to deliver snowsports instruction in France.

On this basis the Board exercised its discretion to remove Mr Butler with immediate effect as a Member of BASI.

21 November 2014 Mr Butler petitioned the Court of Session for an order suspending this decision as well as an interdict. On that same day, at a pre-service (and accordingly uncontested hearing) Mr Butler obtained interim orders for suspension and interdict pending a full hearing. BASI have complied with this interim order and reinstated Simon Butler’s BASI Licence temporarily pending a full hearing.

12 December 2014 BASI lodged detailed answers in response to Simon Butler’s petition of the 12 December 2014

9 January 2015 Simon Butler lodges a 6 week continuance plea to the Judge.

13 January 2015 Court granted Simon Butler a 6 week continuance. So hearing date will not be before 24 Feb 2015.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Given alpine skiing's minority sport status in Britain, I wonder if the shove ha'penny teachers association and club has as much intrigue and uses up as much court time as the teaching association for our leisure pursuit.
ski holidays
irie wrote:
Popcorn and Pizza, no point in slumming it.

And a lemonade for TT Troll 'cos she'll be along soon I expect

Cheapskate NehNeh

You could have hired the Ski Bunnies for a week or two as well snowHead
snow conditions
BASI says
Quote:
13 January 2015 Court granted Simon Butler a 6 week continuance. So hearing date will not be before 24 Feb 2015

SB says
Quote:
BASI had decided to make an objection to a simple procedural matter and had insisted on having this heard before a Judge... the Judge overruled BASI, refused their application and found in my favour !

Were they discussing the same case??
snow report
. Who was TTT? Is it ok to be told?
Has the Lone Ranger eventually been unmasked?
Is anyone taking any bets on the outcome of this case?
snow conditions
BASI Statement 30 November 2015
S Butler V BASI
BASI has now revoked its decision of 1 November 2014 to terminate Simon Butler’s membership. This decision was made on the basis of legal advice obtained. Accordingly Simon remains a member of BASI. As a consequence of this decision the court action raised by Simon (in terms of which he sought suspension and interdict) has been dismissed.
The action of judicial review raised by Simon Butler will now have a first hearing on 18 November 2015. BASI are maintaining their defence to this action.
on behalf of the BASI Board
snow report
Back in November 2014 the BASI board issued a statement that they were removing Simon Butler's membership " for bringing BASI into disrepute". As BASI has now admitted they were wrong to do so, I take it the BASI Board members who made the original decision will of course have their membership removed for "bringing BASI into disrepute"...... Toofy Grin
snow report
What a shambles this BASI lot are, they don't know their árses from their elbows. My sympathy for all those who have to deal with these muppets.
snow conditions
BASI may now decide to pursue legal proceedings against their previous panel of people who provided legal guidance to pursue legal recourse against SB. This will of course incur additional legal costs.

Does anyone know if the majority of people involved in the decisions to proceed with a legal route are also major partners or shareholders in any legal firms involved?
ski holidays
That's an interesting point. If I remember correctly TTT said she was connected with a law firm of some sort, and of course she was self evidently acting as someone's mouthpiece. Bet she doesn't show her face any time soon, eh? wink
latest report
Quote:

Bet she doesn't show her face any time soon, eh?

But you might get a sock or two wink
latest report
TTT wrote:
TTT Wrote this Sun 23 Nov, 14 09:33

SB has not got his MoU because he has not done the capa or ET so does not have equivalence and he does not have the exemption because he did not submit his required dossier at the time. This was entirely down to SB as he did not bother or refused to comply.

He is not losing work as he has very publicly stated he will work in CH and it is the French who have blocked him from working in France.

What is due process though for a members organisation? He is not an employee of basi with statutory rights. It's a members organisation. They followed the AofA. He was voted out by a board decision which appears to follow the AofA so what is the relevant legal requirements here. Did they or did they not comply with the AofA or is there a wider law. I would have thought a criminal convictions is adequate reason.....

So where did it all go wrong for the BASI membership who toed the line on working in France?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy