Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cost for private ski guide in st anton during high high season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thank you snow heads for suggestions of private guides in prior post. I have enquired from a few and gotten wildly different (and all quite expensive) quotes from a few of them. I want to bring my tween child off piste, so a private makes the most sense I think, plus since I don't know st Anton, necessary for safety and where to go. Granted I am going during the busiest week of the year, but what can we parents do?

Does anyone have ideas of how much it should cost per day for a private guide for 2 people? I have gotten quotes from 400 -800 euro per des Confused .

Thanks, and if you are not comfortable posting prices here, pls message me instead.

Think snow! And here is something to get us in the mood.

http://vimeo.com/108679294
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Redwine, Torben's your man

http://www.skiadventure.eu/rates/

Dont hang about though, suggest for peak times you need to book early. Highly recommended, great guy, very experienced and safe, he'll find you the best snow in Arlberg. Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
€400 is about the going rate for a guide in Chamonix for example, but that's proper high mountain guide, etc.

I don't know about St Anton, but a number of the French ski schools will take you off piste, safety lessons, etc. but not into glaciated terrain for significantly less dosh. I don't think St Anton is glaciated.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, Its non-glaciated as you say but there are plenty of places you need to avoid, terrain traps and av high risk areas, i'd definitely recommend a guide@Redwine,
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Markymark29, sure, seconded, but do you need a guide? or an appropriately qualified and experienced instructor...which may be economically more attractive and just as safe, useful, etc.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Everyone is so awesome here. Thanks for all suggestions and advice, and the speed, wow. One day is with my daughter, one day is just me, (unless anyone else wants to join in mid Feb!), so I personally want a guide. For continuity sake makes it easier to just book one person. I did ski school "guide" in Chamonix when we were there many years ago, and then a guide for myself, and thought the guide showed me much more and knew the mountain better. Although in Cham you are kinda stuck with the mountain choice u make in the am, and wish the ski school person picked grand Montet or le Houche instead of flegere.

I'm reaching out to torben, hope he has availability. Europe so darn expensive for us Americans, but oh well, I can't get good fondue back at the mountains here.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, I guess it depends whether the child can ski OP, I assumed so because he said a guide was required rather than a instructor. Id assumed that the child was competent and that the requirement was for safe OP skiing, terrain/ routes knowledge. Either way those are the questions that a good guide will ask I suggest. Otherwise Arlberg Ski School for OP tuition, not sure of Torben's position on this?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Markymark29, and I guess it depends on the Austrian instructors' quals. About which I know little to nothing.

@Redwine, you are somewhat unable to easily get good cheese in the U.S. aren't you? "Swiss" - isn't!! Twisted Evil

How does the Austrian version compare to Swiss (with flour) and French ( without, and better, IMV)?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name.....ugh there is a difference in country fondues? There are some places here, but at the mega US resorts, you are as apt to get velveeta (if you don't know what that is, you are fortunate) as any type or Gruyere, Swiss, etc. I think the closest I got good fondue while skiing was in tremblant in Canada, which was pretty good. Raclette is near impossible to find, let alone a place that has a 100 lb wheel of the stuff. Those cultural differences make up for the less powder days in the alps vs the Rockies, but hoping The alps get pounded this year, and maybe I can sneak a weekend out to colorodo also.

Where y'all skiing this year? Ever come out in our direction?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

velveeta

Yikes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy