Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommended ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi im looking to get my first pair of skis, im an intermediate/ advanced skiier. i was part of a race club for a year but want to get into doing some beginner freestyle, so am looking for something that i can take down a piste confidently, but when i want to can take off piste and take over a few jumps. Im just over 6ft and weigh about 63kg (10 stone), so was thinking about getting about a 170 ski
So far ive been looking at
Line Blend
Line Chronic
K2 SHREDITOR 92
or something like Nordica Nrgy 90 or Rossignol Soul 7
but ive also heard good things about blizzard bonafide.
Basically i have idea, and any help or recommendations would be much appreciated, as to me the Line Chronic seems like the best idea as its a 92 but still is a twin tip?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nordica Soul Rider in a 185. Easy to ski, playful, ridiculous grip even on very hardpacked pistes, rad graphics. Win all-round?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is 185 the right size? im used to riding slightly shorter skis, what are the benefits of a long ski like like a 185? could i get away with the 177?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I like reviews on this site:
http://blistergearreview.com/category/gear-reviews
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
miniyanto wrote:
Is 185 the right size? im used to riding slightly shorter skis, what are the benefits of a long ski like like a 185? could i get away with the 177?

More stable, better float in powder, and considering the twintips tip/tail rocker and fairly soft flex they ski quite short and are still very turny.

FWIW I'm 5 foot 9 and somewhere around 68-70kg. I do like long skis though; these are my shortest.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Vote for Soulriders here. As 5ft 5 female I ski the 177s with ease (admittedly nowhere near the park).
The 177s would be way too short for you. This season's graphics are dull dull dull, but the skis are a joy!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
okay defiantly the 185s then awesome, if i cant find them in 185 would you say the Line Chronics?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@miniyanto, your weight? Crikey, I'm 5'6" and a fraction lighter. I ski Mantras (which are apparently a bit of a reference ski) at 177 but I would say I'm quite aggressive and quite experienced.

I'd suggest you go a bit shorter for an easier and more pleasant experience.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy