Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rescue Services - Telephone Numbers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I like to have the telephone numbers of the relevant rescue services stored in my phone in case the worst happens.

I have this number for Tignes 04 79 07 01 10, is it the same for Val D'Isere?
I have this number for Les Arcs 04 79 07 85 66, is it the same for La Plagne?

I got these numbers from the pistehors.com website, but not every resort has a number listed.

Is there a website that lists these?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tignes print the number on the back of the lift pass, it is different from the one you give - 04 79 06 32 00.

The Val d'Isere number is on the piste map - 04 79 06 01 69.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Tignes number is for the PGHM in Bourg St Maurice. I don't recognise the second, probably the piste patrol in Les Arcs. I will have to look at them both.

I would suggest deleting those two numbers and using either 112 where you should have international operators or the following:-

Maurienne : 04 79 05 11 88
Tarentaise : 04 79 08 29 30
Chamonix : 04 50 53 16 89
Isere : 04 76 22 22 22

These are joint CRS/PGHM numbers, remember that in many areas of the French Alps rescue servces are operated in shifts by these two separate branches of the police who wil coordinate Securite Civile, Firebrigade and Piste Patrol. I would suggest only using the joint numbers or 112 unless you have a good reason to use another number.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any relevant numbers for the resort you are in will be on the piste map somewhere.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are you talking about on or off piste accidents Jack?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok - thanks for the advice.

So in general who would be able to react more quickly to an emergency?
The local piste patrol (the number printed on the piste map) or the emergency services (112)?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i make up business card sized card prints of all the key numbers to hand out to groups i am going out coaching with.

Usually info re insurance and group emergency contacts on on side, with text in both english and local language.

On the back i put all the useful numbers for the resort, in addition to those emergency numbers above. eg local hospital/police/taxis/doctors and any known good food delivery places.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jumpin Jack wrote:
Ok - thanks for the advice.

So in general who would be able to react more quickly to an emergency?
The local piste patrol (the number printed on the piste map) or the emergency services (112)?

If you are on piste or within the ski area off-piste I would call the number on the piste map as others have suggested. Elsewhere or if you can't find the map 112 is your man but it will pass through more levels.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you're on or near the piste it should be the Piste Security number printed on the map - you need to tell them the name of the piste and the nearest board number. There are different numbers for Les Arcs, Peisey-Vallandry & La Plagne, so it would be best to phone the number for the sector you are in.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jumpin Jack wrote:
I have this number for Les Arcs 04 79 07 85 66, is it the same for La Plagne?

No. La Plagne : 04 79 09 67 60
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've wondered about this before - after all, seconds could make a big difference in a life or death situation.

Is it quicker to call the international emergency number 112 if you're an English speaker with the possibility of delay while the details are taken and passed on to the relevant emergency service, or to call the local number with the possibility of misunderstanding in getting the info across? Aren't all the local numbers staffed by English speakers? I would have thought so.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy