Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do you wear off the slopes?

Poster: A snowHead
A big group of us are off to Bulgaria next year, and apparently the nightlife is quite good (?!). Anyway, I'm interested to know what people wear out in the evenings? Clubbing/pubbing, etc.

I'm assuming jeans, and big woolly jumpers?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nicci, I wear the same as I'd wear in the UK. I've not been to Bulgaria but I assume their pubs and bars are heated Smile

DON'T wear your ski jacket.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nicci, it depends what kind of image I'm trying to project at any particular time. Sometimes I'll be in swimming trunks, sometimes pyjamas.

Something casual for dinner, perhaps, in autumnal colours. A Hawaian shirt or ostentatious jacket in the clubs.

I'm not a hooray, so I don't wear a cravat.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, there was me thinking you always dressed for dinner, whatever has happened to standards?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I do dress for dinner. You think I practice naturism in the dining room?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Shorts 'n flip flops. Chalets are usually red hot.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We always take tweed jackets for evening entertainment - lightweight and surprisingly warming. The new gortex.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just wear the same clothes all week. Strutting your stuff in rear entry ski boots at Apres Ski, in the disco's, on the tables and between bars on the street is a must. Tie the arms of your one-piece round your waist and make sure you wear a light coloured underlayer so the sweat lines are visible. 80's style headbands are back in this year too.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DB, you are just too retro.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
When in Rome ....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If I'm in DB's company for the evening I'll be in lederhosen.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB, Excellent advice!

Laughing Laughing snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Depends what sort of bars you are going to, leather chaps and a chainmail vest ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I tend to wear what my wife packs for me and it's always a pleasant surprise when I unpack at the other end.

I only went to a nightclub there once and it looked as though the local ladies dressed as hookers so, nicci, that's a look you might want to consider if you want to blend in. Also stilettos are surprisingly grippy for the walk home. For men I'd imagine that the "Saturday Night Fever" look is still very much in vogue. Your fellas might also like to think about a moustache and bubble cut. Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nicci, sumo outfit snowHead
snow report
kruked, I assume you were Sir Lance a lot from the 'Monty Python' thread wink
snow conditions
Jeans, trainers and T-shirts. Nice and casual.

However....... The group I ski with traditionally have a fancy dress night on the Wednesday whilst away. Last year I ended up trawling arouund the pubs and clubs of Alpe D'huez dressed as an Australian Lifeguard Shocked Shocked

All Good Fun.
snow report
David Goldsmith wrote:
If I'm in DB's company for the evening I'll be in lederhosen.

Thanks for putting on the real Austrian charm last time we met David. I just don't think your attire got the real recognition it deserved from the locals .................... in the George Pub, London. God knows why the barman kept asking you if you wanted a babycham rolling eyes .
snow conditions
Yeah, I couldn't understand that either. They normally bring out the schapps and oompah band.
ski holidays
saxabar wrote:
kruked, I assume you were Sir Lance a lot from the 'Monty Python' thread wink

No sorry not me
latest report
David Goldsmith wrote:
nicci

I'm not a hooray, so I don't wear a cravat.

And there was me thinking that your complete wardrobe was supplied here: http://www.oliverbrown.org.uk/
snow conditions
there i was thinking you were a helpful bunch!! Shocked
snow conditions
nicci,
Hi,
Here's a little number I wear after a hard day on the slopes,
Hope it gives you a few ideas.....
snow report
Nice little black strapless does for me.!!
ski holidays
All depends on what theme the social sec has declared the fancy dress is for that particular night.
Speeking of which, i finally find out tonight what the theems are for La Plagne in jan...
ski holidays
This is my normal pre christmas look http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/obelix67/humour/DSCF0016.jpg
snow report
obelix67 wrote:
This is my normal pre christmas look http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/obelix67/humour/DSCF0016.jpg

I see Santa likes a drink!
latest report
nicci, Bulgarian bars and nightclubs are always great fun - but the booze is so cheap, better prepare to detox when you return. wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If it's really cold a good duvet jacket over a t-shirt works fine - once inside you can roll the jacket up into it's bag and tie it to your waist.
snow report
Only Chanel #5 to go with my shaven legs...
snow report
David Murdoch wrote:
Only Chanel #5 to go with my shaven legs...

Do you put it on your legs? Splash it all over or just a dabble behind the knees?
snow conditions
That would be telling.
snow conditions
DB wrote:
Do you put it on your legs? Splash it all over or just a dabble behind the knees?

Shocked can't someone tell him to shake properly?

And please wash your hands.
ski holidays
marc gledhill, If it's a dabble behind the knees then perhaps the bloke standing next to him may be to blame - either that or he is very popular with the LA movie ladies.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy