Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Wallride Transfer' - a new ski move - give it a shot

Poster: A snowHead
Worth a try ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152812006570761&set=gm.1507486709538096&type=1&theater

... ask for lessons at any reputable ski school
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Worth a try ...

... ask for lessons at any reputable ski school

Shouldn't this be in bend zee knees so the gods can critique the lack of pole-plant, tell us that his weight's all wrong, there's too much inner tip lead and not enough ankle flex.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really? Wall-rides are new to skiing? Come back when you can do the Mike Rav 'Ceiling Plant'...

http://cdn3.coresites.mpora.com/whitelines_new/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Screenshot-982.png
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Feck me ... did that really happen?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice trick, but seen it in several ski clips before.

Btw, can we please have direct links to videos? i.e. not through Facebook - I don't want to click twice to something when 1 click is easily available (or indeed straight into the snowheads thread for youtube clips)

And the original 12sec video in one click:
http://youtube.com/v/IkKafFAF82w

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fixx wrote:
Nice trick, but seen it in several ski clips before.

Btw, can we please have direct links to videos? i.e. not through Facebook - I don't want to click twice to something when 1 click is easily available (or indeed straight into the snowheads thread for youtube clips)

And the original 12sec video in one click:

What and reduce mr goldsmiths traffic profile Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fixx wrote:

Btw, can we please have direct links to videos?

There's a fairly obvious answer to that, which is no.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
fixx wrote:

Btw, can we please have direct links to videos?

There's a fairly obvious answer to that, which is no.

Why not? Everyone else seems to have the technical knowledge to make it work. Or are you just trying to wee wee people off and make them do unnecessary work for giggles?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@fixx, nothing to do with technical knowledge, just narcissism.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Feck me ... did that really happen?

Yeah - fun isn't it. Part of his bit in 'Defenders of the Awesome 2' if you want to track it down
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fixx wrote:
... are you just trying to wee wee people off and make them do unnecessary work for giggles?

No, of course not. It's extremely simple: a couple of weeks ago I set up a FB page to link-monkey a daily selection of skiing 'nuts and bananas' from across the web, into one fruit basket. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to spend time finding these pearls and then isolate the fruit basket from snowHeads by doing the links afresh here.

This is a perfectly equitable arrangement, because it delivers hits to the FB page, plus discussion and hits here, and we can all live happily ever after. Yes, you're obliged to go to an external page and click on from there. Big deal.

If you don't like this arrangement, there are two choices:

1. Find the stuff yourself and scoop it here

2. Don't open any posts that I place here, because you may (not always) have to go through that tiny process which takes a few seconds

ansta1 wrote:
@fixx, nothing to do with technical knowledge, just narcissism.

I assume it's yours truly who's being accused of narcissism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

You're obviously more than welcome to freely express opinion of another member of the human race but it would be more compelling if you'd met me in person or communicated from an identifiable name rather than name-calling from behind a shield of anonymity. I work in a customer-facing job in a large public building, where employment isn't generally afforded to narcissists.

Wishing you a fun wall ride this winter.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

communicated from an identifiable name rather than name-calling from behind a shield of anonymity.

The implication there is that it's done for anonimity rather than the concenvience of an ID which I use in every forum I frequent (google is Your friend on that). However I am respectful of the fact that You have admitted that You cross link the posts to Your FB page for reasons of :-
Quote:
because it delivers hits to the FB page
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I should stress that FB does not remunerate me in any form. As a writer, audiences are always useful for all sorts of projects (if you're looking for an ulterior motive). These are fluid and fast-moving times in publishing.

You haven't acknowledged that you're using an anonymous username to bad-call other people. It's a recognised phenomenon on internet forums ... best avoided.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I not sure I see Your point, it's a username, used not for anonymity but for convenvience and is the same username across multiple disparate forums. I am more than happy to accept that it would, to outward perception, seem to be anonymous for reasons other than convenience but as I have had direct contact with a number of the forum members for various reasons I can quite openly and honestly state that is not the intention and a couple of minutes at most on google will resolve the userid to the person.

You could argue admin is anonymous as are the majority of user names, again I would argue that most are done out of convenience rather than subterfuge, You are one of the few who, mostly at least, clearly identify Yourself for whatever reason You choose to, whether that be for transparency or other reasons.

Related or not I however, do not and have never had a sock puppet of any description, but let us not start down that route shall we.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rolling eyes comfy seat check popcorn check
ski holidays
iskar wrote:
rolling eyes comfy seat check popcorn check
Only if you enjoy repeats.
ski holidays
Put the popcorn away

It
______
snow conditions
I've no interests in the promotion of popcorn sales either

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy