Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Colfosco - Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am looking at going in January and whilst I understand this is a small hamlet can anyone tell me if there are any bars at all where we can go and get a drink as we come off the slopes? Not looking for wild nightlife as we tend to stay in the hotel after dinner but do like a group catch up (as we are a group of 9 with differing abilities / confidence levels) as we come off the slopes!!

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
darbyrw, It's hardly a hamlet, Colfosco is more of a town (or should that be a cigar rather than a cigarillo? Toofy Grin ) There's certainly several places you can get a drink. One apres ski place mentioned in a quick google search (not that I've been to it) is called the "Murin". here's a YouTube video:

http://youtube.com/v/xiZyZgTSJm4

That might be the sort of place you're looking for? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alastair Pink, thanks for that...not my tpe of place at all! I am looking for advice on Colfosco rather than Corvara which is where I think Murin is. I know they are not far but anything on Colfosco itself would be appreciated
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink, Are you not getting your corvara and colfosco's mixed up? According to google maps that bar is in Corvara

Back to colfosco - was there in January as part of a big group and the 'edelweiss' was the place to go for some apres. Immediately adjacent to the drag lift entrance it's one of only two bar's 'up the hill'. popular with locals, and giving some 'austrianesque' apres - dancing on tables kind of stuff, if you want it. Open till well after it's dark then it's just a few hundred metres down the hill back to town - there's some floodlights to help light the way. There is a another bar up the hill, just below the upper chair, but that's more of a sit-down session and seems to close with the lifts.

In town itself, there's a couple of hotels which look like they'd have bars facing the front de neige (for want of a better term) but we never went there as the Edeleweiss was uphill from our hotel. Post Dinner we went out a couple of times to a funky bar 50-100m downhill from the bridge (can't remember what it was called, but there aren't that many)

Small place, but I quite liked it and would go back.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bertie bassett wrote:
Alastair Pink, Are you not getting your corvara and colfosco's mixed up? According to google maps that bar is in Corvara

Yep, senior moment Embarassed (plus the couple of pints I've just had might have something to do with it Laughing ). Yes the link I posted was for Corvara. I've actually stayed in an apartment in Colfosco and there are several places to get a drink coming off the slopes as you say.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks both.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Having passed through Colfosco many times ( It's bang on the Sella Ronda), I've never stayed there. However, I'd doubt that it's exactly bouncing come après time. We always stay in Selva and even there it's varied depending on the time of visit. As much as we love the area, it ain't exactly party town. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are a couple of snowHead who are real experts on the area so hopefully one may catch this post, however
Quote:

it ain't exactly party town.

pretty much sums up Colfosco.

It's been a couple of years since I've been and then I stayed in Corvara anyway, but........... I seem to remember there were a couple of nice bars at the top of the blue runs (near to, and one actually on the road to Selva) that head down to the Borest link with Corvara - sorry can't remember what they are called: so you may be able to ski close to your accommodation after your tipple.

There is a bus that links the two villages that runs every 20 mins or so, so you wouldn't be stranded if you finished skiing in Corvara - and a couple of places I would recommend are the Chalet Madrisa and the Icebar? in the hotel Col Alto - both serve lovely canapés/tapas type bits with drinks and have decent music - but not at concert volumes. One place that does get a little more 'Austrian' is the bar in the hotel Posta Zirm - but that depends upon the crowd.

I know this hasn't exactly answered your question but hope it helps Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy