Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel 3rd week of March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if this is a bit of a dull question.

I'm considering Courchevel in 3rd week of March and one of our party is concerned there won't be any snow left. On the basis that the resort doesn't close until Fri 24 Apr 2015 I think this is unfounded. Can anyone confirm (I know there's no guarantees)? Is there likely to be snow at resort level still?

Also, we're likely to fly in and out of Chambrey. Another party member needs to be home for a wedding the day after we're due to return. Is there any risk of fog at Chambrey in March? When they close the airport, do the TA's use an alternative one or can you get stuck in France for a day or more?

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PeteMan, snow should be no problem in 3rd week in March

Have a look at this video

http://youtube.com/v/2ZHceK7RmZM

sorry you will need to cut and paste, not sure why. It is a video from early April.

Lower down, have a look at video reports from La Tania (at 1400m) at www.latania.co.uk. Photos of mid April at http://www.latania.co.uk/blog/?p=6537

As for Chambery airport, if you are going by a package it is likely they will get you home the same day, somehow, if there was a problem at the airport. It does have a poor reputation for fog, the odd strike, the wrong kind of wind etc. When it works it is fine because the transfer is shorter, and the two times I have been through the airport all was ok apart from coming home once when they went on strike, but Crystal just took us to Lyon instead and there was only a small delay.

Hope you have a great holiday
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the links worked after I submitted.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's great. Thanks chrisb.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Courchevel has an excellent snow record - high and has some shady bowls. You can often ski into May. I would have zero concerns about snow in March. In fact I'd be happy to book for early APril.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Most Alpine resorts have peak snow depths in March ..... so I would not be remotely concerned .... great time to go.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@PeteMan, I skied all the way from Val Thorens to Courchevel at the end of April last year (on the EOSB) and there was still LOADS of snow! Empty pistes too, it seemed a shame the resort was about to close. You should have no worries.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brilliant, thanks all.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ive been delayed at Chambery due to Fog and strikes. Always managed to get home the same day.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've never been through Chambery and not been delayed but have always managed to make it home the day I was supposed to
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Having a few issues booking ski schools for the 3rd week in March, appears it will be very quiet (not a bad thing I know) but ski schools are entertaining limited group lessons. Had 4 replies stating no lessons, with another one stating can hold but if no more bookings then may have to entertain 1-1 lessons on a much increased price. So if anyone going out that week and looking to book a Group Ski intermediate lesson, send me a PM as I have one school holding a place and can pass on your info.
We are staying in La Tania, but lessons will be in Courchevel.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skiied every year in Courchevel in the Easter Holidays since 2008. Only been one year when the snow was quite limited by Easter, but still managed to ski when we went up higher.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

We are staying in La Tania, but lessons will be in Courchevel.

make sure you know which bit (there are several "Courchevels") and that you can get there by the time lessons start.

Good pictures from 2014 up there - and the end of season 2014 was NOT a good one, overall. So I agree with the other opinions that there is no reason to worry about snow in Courchevel in March. If there's no snow there, there'll be no snow anywhere other than glaciers. It's a terrific valley to ski.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy