Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cold Toes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I like the idea of the heated (Lenz) sock - I will scope them out.
Meanwhile re the teabag - no point, even if cheap, unless you have a v.v.v.v.v loose fitting boot that allows sufficient oxygen to circulate to 'trigger it'. Whenever I have used them they are snuffed out immediately,even after my boot was blown out. To add insult to frigid toes when taken out at the end of the day and stuck in pocket (because generally uncomfortable by then, having somehow moved out of place despite the lack of room) they heat your jacket pocket for the next 8 hours..overnight. Twisted Evil Totally pointless.
Unlike the hand ones which work a treat.

suec
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bigtipper wrote:
pam w, I tend to leave the tape on for a few days at a time. They would only get wet in a shower or bath, and you can cover them up in a shower or bath.

So you don't wash your feet for 'a few days'!? Shocked Shocked Shocked

I pity whoever you share a room with, feet stink after one day of skiing.

I tried the neoprene boot covers and they were a disaster. Having that slight compression round the outside of the boot left my feet in untold agony. Never again. I even slackened them with no joy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always had cold feet if I got my boots tight enough, even letting the clips loose on the lifts.

I wanted the Lenz socks but could not find them sold over here. Bought Therm-ic instead - not quite as good as you have to fiddle with buttons. Seldom change the setting so no real issue. http://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk/shop/products/2015-16_Therm-ic_Powersock_Set_IC_1200.htm Result lovely warm feet and boots at correct tightness (not over tight as a racer)

They also do all the other heating options too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Spike107, try going to the light ski rather than medium ski sock, although it may not seem a lot the thickness of the sock will help the boot feel just a little more relaxed and if it has been a touch tight will give you a little more wiggle room
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mooney058, These. I had issues, these are brilliant and dead easy to pop on and off.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Eat warm food, make sure boots are not too tight and wear a Bioflow,
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Make sure your boots aren't too tight, wear a good quality ski sock, make sure your boots are dry. ( I love places that provide boot dryers in the ski storage area) a good pair of sallopets, that have the layer that goes inside the boot, and the layer outside. This ensures that the snow doesn't get in there. If you still have cold toes, wear a pair of pop socks a good thick pair under your ski socks.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
biddpyat wrote:
Make sure your boots aren't too tight, wear a good quality ski sock, make sure your boots are dry. ( I love places that provide boot dryers in the ski storage area) a good pair of sallopets, that have the layer that goes inside the boot, and the layer outside. This ensures that the snow doesn't get in there. If you still have cold toes, wear a pair of pop socks a good thick pair under your ski socks.

2 points please

if you have a custom fitted boot with footbeds or a moulded shell/liner be very wary of boot driers like this, they can get too hot and do long term damage

DO NOT PUT ANY PART OF YOUR SKI PANT INSIDE YOUR BOOTS, THE SNOW GAITER GOES OVER THE BOOT AND THE MAIN PART SITS OVER THAT, NOTHING GOES INSIDE OTHER THAN YOUR FOOT AND A SOCKthat means no gaiters, no leggings, no extra layers which might be pretending to keep you warm
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ha ha @biddpyat - wot @CEM says.

Anyway "salopettes" are dreadful things. Decent shells with appropriate under layers is what you need.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Waterproof tape?

I wash my feet regularly, especially if athletes foot flares up which is common if you use swimming pools or other communal showers.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Embarassed should have called them shells , I still call them salopettes, you would know I am still stuck in the 80s. Laughing.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
100% merino socks is my definition of warm toes. They are warm even when wet. And they don't smell like monkey sweat if you have a chance to air them after use.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy