Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel/Kirchberg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.bergbahn-kitzbuehel.at/en/das-erstemal-1.html

I know its limited, but one of the first non glaciers opening this year.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went in January and there was no snow so god knows what it's like early season!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
madlondoner, maybe they are opening now because they have had a big dump over the last couple of days?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
madlondoner, Surprised at that comment! I went over New Year and there was plenty enough. Granted, not enough to go off-piste but I am rubbish at that anyway. No patches on any open pistes from Pass Thurn all the way round to Ellmau.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The far end of the Kitzbuhel area opens very early every season. I skied it regularly last year (including throughout January) and the snow was great. When I moved out here 5 years ago I used to start my season there, but the excitement of driving for more than half an hour each way for just one or two short runs has worn off (but I will be going to Kaprun just as soon as they open one or two more lifts).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnbarr wrote:
The far end of the Kitzbuhel area opens very early every season. I skied it regularly last year (including throughout January) and the snow was great. When I moved out here 5 years ago I used to start my season there, but the excitement of driving for more than half an hour each way for just one or two short runs has worn off (but I will be going to Kaprun just as soon as they open one or two more lifts).

Need a bit more snow before they open more here in Kaprun, rocks and veg starting to show through on the runs below the bottom of the glacier to the Alpincentre.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski with dozen or so 'Mature' skiers (40-56 yrs) ranging from senior intermediate to very good who for the past 10 years have skied Schladming, Soll and Saalbach. We should act our ages but do like to Apres so work hard play hard is the rule of thumb.
Going to Kitzbuhel this January so we know the skiing is vast. We are staying at the Jagerwirt Hotel which is well reviewed and sounds great. As 'Entertainments Officer' for the trip it is my job to research watering holes in the area especially if there are some good ones nearer the hotel as I hear it is 10-15 walk from the lifts. The Sports Bar next to hotel has been suggested. After some Apres and then back for dinner it would be great if there are some semi lively locations near the hotel which will make dragging some out of the hotel easier if they know there is not a massive hike to be done.
Anyone recommend a good ski hire shop near the Jagerwirt? You may have guessed that we do not like any unnecessary walking if we can help it. We were spoilt for that in Saalbach.
Any suggestions or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A hard life for some....I can imagine that driving for more than half an hour to ski on proper snow up proper mountains must be sheer hell indeed Laughing

Can't think of anything worse - especially as it's 70 mins to our nearest indoor snow - or 30 mins to the nearest plastic wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok its officially December so my 'Apres Reseach' formally starts. We arrive on the 17/01/20015 so it would be nice to see a little of the white stuff falling in Austria!! Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scarlet Fez If you don't like walking too much, I guess you don't like walking in ski boots, so I'd recommend the Kitzsport rental shop by the Hahnenkamm which has a ski depot and lockers where you can leave your skis and boots.

It really depends what you're looking for in apres ski. The Sports Bar is ok, serves a good pint of Guinness. If you want to meet lots of drunken Brits then a few hundred metres towards the centre of Kitzbuhel there's an Irish bar called O'Flannigans, and in the centre of town (about 100 metres towards the Hahnenkamm from the tourist info office) is the Londoner pub. But if you prefer more Austrian charm there is no shortage of choice. Although unremarkable, I quite like the Huberbräu Stüberl on Vorderstadt in the centre of the pedestrian precinct.

It sounds like O'Flannigans fits your requirements best - a short walk from your hotel and "semi lively".
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy