Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When to start looking!?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So the holidays booked and it's time to start checking out the weather and updates on an obsessive basis Very Happy but realistically when is the time to start paying any heed to snow and weather reports?? Not going til end January (alpe dhuez) but the countdown has started!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I start in October! Pathetically obsessive checking of snowforecast .com pending our first trip (admittedly at end of November to Zermatt). Last year I signed up for an automatically renewed annual subscription. Then there's the webcam checking....all adds to getting my ski juices flowing, plus those of Mr P. Tend to check at least once a day Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
At least three times a day till you go, and definitely multiple sites Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the saint, (nice handle, if you're referring to the Charteris character).

Typically, normally, (unless you are osff piste or otherwise mountaineering) other than "is it going to be sunny or not?", you really don't need to pay any attention at all. Especially not to any UK media. And don't obsess.

At all.

AdH is high enough and snow cannoned enough that it would be a very unusual winter for you to not have decent piste conditions at end Jan.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jan 24 2015
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I pay heed even when I'm not going! But when I'm going I ramp up!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the saint, as under a new name, says you should not really be looking until the week before. That would be the sensible head of having more to life etc.

Of course I ignore this advice, look daily at places I have no intention of going to this season, and looking at the base and how it might be building. Probably OCD, but at least I am not looking at other websites..... Toofy Grin

As you are going to Alpe D'Huez you can get a bit of a feel how things are building in early Jan. Of course there could be a big snow storm just before you get there as well. I was there in mid Jan last year and the snow was thin in places and not all the runs open - the Saurene was closed for example (although I think they might have put extra snow cannons in this year).

Hope, whatever the conditions you have a good trip
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I often look in June.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Little Martin wrote:
At least three times a day till you go, and definitely multiple sites Wink

I thought it was just me who did that !!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy