Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quick airbag question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Had my bag iut this evening for first time since last season. Noticed cyclinder has lost almost all of its pressure and it was in the recommended. zone when I last looked. Bca float so easy enough to refill but slightly worried head has a leak.

Normal or get it swapped?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It leaks. Swap it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave of the Marmottes, yep same as gorilla, would recommend getting it swapped over and then the cylinder can be checked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
To expand slightly, you don't know when it was last full. It could have depressurised over months or within a week of you last checking it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just test fired my Float 22 in preparation for the coming season, just need to get it filled/exchanged in Bristol area......
Any ideas, S & R offer a "service" to get it filled which I guess means they don't do it there or exchange them.
Dive shop is one place, but need a scuba to paintball adapter, or is paintball air ok?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got mine filled last time at a dive shop which had a paintball adapter. Anatom were great at swapping the cylinder.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wasn't sure if dive shops would have the adapter, have to ask, ta!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
KenX wrote:
is paintball air ok?

Is paintball air 'dried' to the same extent? Cos you don't want to have a lot of water vapour in the canister that could freeze and cause inflation issues. Diving air is reasonably 'conditioned', for want of a better term, and their kit will probably bit regularly inspected. Probably worth going the extra mile for this one.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@KenX, yep what @Serriadh, says, scuba air is dry air so much better and safer to use, all you need to do is ask your local dive shop, most have the adapter already, its always best to make sure you can get the cylinder refilled before you test fire your avi bag! Shocked

The BCA ones are easy to do, just make sure have the trigger pin and the release mechanism re attached to the cylinder correctly, with new O ring and a little grease.

On other cylinders which are refillable like the Snowpulse Cylinder 1's then always make sure you take the trigger pin off the cable on your bag and refit to the cylinder, you would be surprised to hear the number of times I have been contacted by dive shops around the country with someone who has not got all the correct bits with them to refill their cylinder Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Its also worth mentioning that if anyone has a older Snowpulse cylinder One from the original bags, then treat them with care, we can not get new cylinders now, Mammut will service old ones but NO ONE HAS ANY NEW ONES LEFT ! including Mammut. if any one out there comes across any of these cylinders for sale please let me know!!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@livetoski, ta for that!
Yep, got all the bits needed, how exactly would a dive shop "dry" the air? AFAIK, when you compress air, it creates water??????
Also fire stations are also suggested as a source, also dry air, would rather make a donation there than a dive shop, but they most likely won't have the adapter unless they have an avid paintballer in-house!
So, for me, not worth buying the adapter as we're moving to France next year....
Or maybe it is? Got fire stations in Serre Chevalier, probably not a lot of dive shops.........
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
re dry air in dive shops, found this:

http://www.scubaengineer.com/high_pressure_compressor_filtrat.htm

Bit worrying about the percentage of dive shops (75%) are filling tanks with too much water content, guess I'll have to trust the shop I choose if I go this route..........
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy