Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhoffen any tips

Poster: A snowHead
Having arranged lads ski holidays for god knows how long in France I pretty much know all the resorts / runs and hotels , but when it comes to Austria I am at a loss .
Several of the lads have suggested Mayrhoffen and I have been able to find a number of hotels that seem to be centrally located and within budget , but are there any specific tips to be made aware of , i.e is there a specific lift to aim for a better ski area , is there a certain area of Mayrhoffen we should look for the hotel to be in . where are the best après ski bars , where are the best slopes , which are the fastest lifts , are there any “ dead end lifts “ that only serve a small area . is there a ski bus , any useful info would be gratefully received .
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

any tips

yep.... it only has one "f" Wink

there's a free bus that goes around town. if you're down at the hotel Kramerwirt, Neuhaus, Alte Post end of town, you'll easily see where it goes from (saves a 10min clomp to the Penkenbahn lift). Also if you are that end of town then it's easy to get the free ski train to Kaltenbach or Zell am Ziller (both areas are about the same size as Mayrhofen, and on the same pass).
Scotland Yard bar is the place for apres I think.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would second what andy, has said. You only really want to be up at the Penken end of town if you are going into ski school and are going to be skiing there every day. The ski bus is pretty good and so from the bottom end of town will also take you to the Horberg lift which is quieter in the peak times.

Also if you stay at the bottom end of town you are closer to the majority of the bars such as Scotland Yard, Funkys, Apropos, MO's, Mikes Sports Bar etc

Skiing wise, it is a big area on the pass. From the penken ski area you can make your way across to Eggalm which is a good day out. Also you can use the train for Zell am Ziller and Kaltenbach, which is well worth doing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is also the Ice Bar (by the Penken lift) and a good and banging bar at the top of the lift station (sort of covered umbrella bar type place on the right as you approach the lift station for downloading).

The Strass Sport Hotel also has a large bar where there is often live music (not far from Penken lift, heading back into town).

Mo's was one of my favourites - good blend of lively plus music yet could just about manage to chat, too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Its the Pilsner Bar at the top of the Penken lift.

I did a trip report a few years ago - might be some stuff in there that'll help.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If you google pilz bar Mayrhofen you'll find the one at the top of the Penkenbahn. The other apres ski bar to look at is Brück'n Stadl. Harakiri is worth a look as well
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One of the best ski towns. Hara Kiri is fun - crap your keks but just go for it Toofy Grin . Take the bus to Hintertux and play on the glacier. Great apres in town or on the mountain.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah give Harakiri a go, I want to go back and give it another try and ski it properly! I really liked the black opposite Harakiri, it's long and has a sting in the tail!

Avoid Penkenbahn between 9am-9.30, the queue is enormous - either get there early or late, or go up Ahorn instead. There is a LOVELY ice bar at the top of Ahorn. Our group went up there on the first day and spent longer than we intended chilling out on the deckchairs drinking beer (there was some snoozing!). You can even stay overnight there. The red back to base is a nice run.

For apres, there are loads of options. I loved the Ice Bar, and also you must go and see the singer/guitarist at the Sports Bar, he's brilliant.

Wasn't keen on Scotland Yard (too crowded and smoky), but Mo's was good.

Mayrhofen is an excellent resort, I'd definitely return.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
HoneyBunny wrote:
and also you must go and see the singer/guitarist at the Sports Bar, he's brilliant.

Brian Cristopher - really amazing and an interesting story behind his now regular performances during the season.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some great skiing throughout the valley which is definitely worth using the free train/buses to get to - the following are very extensive areas in their own right:

- Zell am Ziller - Great day out skiing over to Gerlos & Konigsleiten ('Zillertal Arena'). The Alpine Coaster (ie sledge on a track) at the bottom station looks worth doing. We didn't have time but did one in Park City which was brilliant. Not just a kids' ride!
- Kaltenbach (by train) - 'Hoch Zillertal.' A good sense of travelling about.

And of course Hintertux Glacier is worth a look. Fantastic scenery, very extensive - and the guided excursion deep into the glacier (from the top station) is recommended for something very different. Can easily be fitted into the ski day.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
oooh yes, I highly recommend Zell Am Ziller for a day trip. Look out for the weird massive insect sculptures dotted around. We didn't have time for the roller coaster either, GUTTED.

Cacciatore wrote:

Brian Cristopher - really amazing and an interesting story behind his now regular performances during the season.

That's the fella! My mate Ann was going to try and get him to play at her 40th lol
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cacciatore wrote:
HoneyBunny wrote:
and also you must go and see the singer/guitarist at the Sports Bar, he's brilliant.

says he`s only been booked for 3 nights a week this season Puzzled
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
what dates are you going . im there 24 jan . happy to give a guided tour
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
just been told by someone in resort that the ski areas have had over a metre of snow. snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
HoneyBunny - http://www.briancristopher.com/privateparties.html he does private parties!
snow report
Yeah, sadly he wasn't available for her party though - would've been great!

Oh, I also agree about visiting Hintertux, it's a must! Fabulous glacier with vast sweeping pistes and excellent snow - plus an incredible view.

There is a gorgeous black on one side that's amazing to ski (it's not difficult).
snow report
Thanks to the 'snowheads' for these nice comments,
and all the good vibes for Mayrhofen too,
hope to see some of you this Season.... cheers...

Yeah it's true and I'm sorry, but it's only three gigs a week this winter.

http://www.briancristopher.com/mayrhofen.html

xxxx
snow report
Hi Brian, welcome to Snowheads!

Thanks for all the entertainment when we were in the 'hof a few years back, really added to a great week.

Think we came to see you most nights! Shame to hear you'll only be doing three a week, hopefully another venue will snap you up.
ski holidays
hi brian , anything planned for the other nights when not playing the strass?
latest report
Brian Cristopher, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Really enjoyed some of the apres evenings in Mayrhofen a few years ago - awesome. Think I may even have one of your CDs kicking around somewhere!
ski holidays
Thanks to all snowheads for some useful tips plans are shaping up , looks like 7th march for 4 nights , prices very reasonable for a resort with such a big reputation .
ski holidays
If you live not in Mayerhoffen center, than it is not so easy go to ski lifts.. we lived 2 km from city center and.. all day used our car. ski bus service is not so good like in Livigno
ski holidays
true , be careful when booking . i booked and few years ago and ended up in hippach. was`nt a problem as i was with the wife and did`nt want a lively week. book for mayrhofen not mayrhofen area or you could be some way out of town.
ski holidays
Hi,
no other gigs booked as yet, but if anything crops up I'll advertise it on my website and facebook page.

http://www.briancristopher.com/mayrhofen.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brian-Cristopher-news/164121416953324?ref=hl

cheers...
ski holidays
just do some busking outside the strass . there would be more people outside than in . Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy