Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please Help Me Design An Outdoor & Adventure Product

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I am a final year product design student at the University Of Huddersfield (UK) trying to gather research for potential new product development within the outdoor and adventure sport industry. Road cycling is very popular and on the rise in the UK, your feedback would be greatly appreciated! Ski and Snowboarding is key if you can help and provide feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

I would be truly grateful if any of you guys (and gals) could help me out by filling out the following survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DLV77ZS

Thanks for your time, i really appreciate it. Hope this is OK with moderators!

Chris.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Queries:

What is 'specific clothing' and 'specific footwear' to you? Ski boots are pretty damn specific to skiing but do you just mean things such as safety boots for workmen and reflective hi-viz vests?

6. When participating in your chosen outdoor adventure sport what safety equipment do you use?

8. When participating in your outdoor adventure sport what equipment do you use? (Please List)

Is 8 including the equipment already listed in 6 or in addition to it? What's the difference; in snowsports goggles for example are safety and comfort and fashion? Is technical clothing such as goretex membrane jackets and thermals viewed as equipment, you seem to imply it might be ('specific clothing')?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was a bit stumped by "which sport defines you". I don't feel defined by any sport, but tried to tick skiing and hill walking, but it wouldn't let me. I went on, just ticking "skiing" but then I had the same question about the answers to 8 and 6 as noted by albinomountainbadger.

And then I gave up.

Did you pilot this questionnaire, cbott?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

And then I gave up.

Not like you to give up so easily.
I just used the boxes to explain a bit more
Quote:

Did you pilot this questionnaire, cbott?

+1
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
albinomountainbadger, maybe the point is to differentiate between what one considers to be equipment and safety equipment.... i doubt it... maybe the use of 'other' would have helped!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cbott, that survey is crap
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

cbott, that survey is crap

Yup.

That is even worse than the normal standard of surveys. I hope you are doing a primary school project not a uni project cbott?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi All, Thanks for your feedback. Yes the survey is very general and yes it may appear useless to you but I am getting some great responses and hearing about the issues i was hoping to.

No I am clearly not a primary school student, no need to be so patronising. if you don't like it - just dont bother filling it out.

I have had over 230 good responses. The idea is to prompt you to choose a sport and focus on that sport only. Hence there is no option to do multiple sports. If you dont feel that you focus on one particular sport use the "other" and specify the sports you take part in.

Thanks again,

Chris.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quantity of responses is meaningless. If people don't agree as to their understanding of the questions then their answers cannot be compared afterwards.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cbott, you are a final year graduate student.

You should be able to accept criticism to your work (even really helpful criticism like 'crap' can get you extra marks....why is it crap?...how can it be improved?...how shall I evaluate it?... should I not think about the reaction to the survey as part of my evaluation?)

Your questions are not very well constructed.
There is a possibility (as I mentioned above) that you are actually surveying and researching a subject's opinion on what they consider as general equipment and safety equipment based on the sport of their choice.... but I honestly doubt that as you are a product design student.

You want to make something smaller/more comfy/lighter/easier to carry or the like...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I hope to find further issues through secondary research that i haven't considered. I'm not after pages of stats or bias/unbias.

I am looking for frequent potential problems to solve through better design or potential new product development which is why it is so open ended.

I appreciate criticism but honestly "crap" really does not do it for me. Thanks for your feedback it is acknowledged and will be taken on board.

Before my final year started in september I had been out working for the Salewa Oberalp Group, I spent 14months designing rock climbing and mountaineering equipment so I do have some relevant experience and know what i'm looking to find out from you, the questions are tailored to do that. In terms of what I am trying to achieve the questions are prompting the responses I am looking for - problems with gear, equipment, conditions, transport etc. I am sorry if you feel that the questions are not working for you, but as I said above if you don't want to help out or you think its rubbish or disagree with my views or questions - then don't bother filling it out - it is not compulsory, I do not want anyone to do this who is unhappy or disagrees with what I am trying to achieve.

I am very grateful to all snowheads users and fellow riders for your feedback on my survey and I wish everyone well.

Thanks Again

Chris.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Hi All,

I am a final year product design student at the University Of Huddersfield (UK)

Quote:

Before my final year started in september I had been out working for the Salewa Oberalp Group, I spent 14months designing rock climbing and mountaineering equipment.

Quote:

I would be truly grateful if any of you guys (and gals) could help me out by filling out the following survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DLV77ZS

Quote:

the questions are prompting the responses I am looking for - problems with gear, equipment, conditions, transport etc.

Quote:

trying to gather research for potential new product development within the outdoor and adventure sport industry.

Quote:

I am very grateful to all snowheads users and fellow riders for your feedback on my survey and I wish everyone well.

Thanks Again

Chris.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I love Snowheads for posts like this, they read like a Monty Python sketch.

OP Comes on and says "Can you fill out this questionnaire"?

Posters come on a say "What, this questionnaire"?

OP "Yes"

Posters "We can't, it's crap"

More posters say "Yeah it is crap so I can't fill it out"

OP "No it's not"

Posters "Yes it is AND you don't know what your talking about and have no life experience and probably have never had a girlfriend/boyfriend etc"

OP "I have SO had a girlfriend, I worked in a girlfriend factory" he then loses it a little and starts HIGHLIGHTING TEXT AND SAYS HE HAS A BLOODY GIRLFRIEND OKAY"

Posters then give some pointers

OP then calms down a little and says "thanks for all your help"

Then we all calm down and wait for the next post from someone who has bought some Dynamic straight skis from 1993 with mental bindings where they want to know if the skis are worth £85.

I love Snowheads.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidhammy, Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Laughing
snow report
If we just suck it up and say nothing, the poor £9k a year punters will never learn.

A more constructive approach provides feedback so future students will put their brains in gear before committing pixels to embarrassing nonsense.
snow conditions
I like to think like philwig but i think davidhammy is much more accurate! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy