Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites 2014-2015 : Arabba/Selva/Corvara/Canazei etc......

Poster: A snowHead
Arteta10 wrote:
At one point it did look like warming up considerably but thats all backed off now. It will be close to seasonal average from Sunday to Wednesday but then cold air moves in from the east again. Nothing to worry about. With the recent cold spell the snow that has fallen recently will be well bedded in. To sum up not the sort of weather that would cause a huge thaw or major problems i'm sure.

+10 at the bottom in San Cass at c. 15:30 today, despite which all the pistes have been skiing well for the last couple of days, very grippy, easy to get an edge and super consistent. Despite the warm weather today even some of the runs you expect to become porridge come that time were holding up well, and with a decent refreeze over night and the classic Dolomitie grooming should be good to go again tomorrow.

Possibly more overcast tomorrow and a little chiller later in the week.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Humidity is currently very low in the Dolomites, as it has been in the UK recently. Down below 30%. That is probably why the snow is melting only slowly. I don't fully understand the physics how but someone here no doubt will. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heavy rain now forecast at resort level all day Monday Shocked

Snow higher up though snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
DOH

according to our misinformed friends over at snow-forecast.com there is going to be about a metre of snow over Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Confused

how do they get away with this nonsense.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skiben wrote:
DOH

according to our misinformed friends over at snow-forecast.com there is going to be about a metre of snow over Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Confused

how do they get away with this nonsense.

Thats what happens when there's no human input to the forecast. Their forecasts I'm sure are computer generated from the latest GFS operational run. I'll stick to the local Meteo forecast for the region. Their forecasts have been pretty much spot on all season.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
any particular link you have please jimmy?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skiben wrote:
any particular link you have please jimmy?

This one. I usually cut and paste the text into google translate. This is updated every day at around 12pm:

http://www.arpa.veneto.it/previsioni/it/html/meteo_dolomiti.php
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skiben, @jimmybog, This one's good too. The 'general' weather sites are defo a lot worse for the Dolomites as conditions are so local and the weather systems so complex

http://www.dolomitimeteo.it/en/veneto/arabba/

Look like a grey few days coming up starting this weekend Confused
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
But cold, which is good?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Did the orange ronda yesterday via 'all the black runs' yesterday and found it all in great condition. Saslong was terrific, black into selva soft towards the bottom but still great fun.

today did lots of drills around the san cass sector. Bits a bit aoft but again nothing critcritical.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the update Bertie. Im off to selva today Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes thanks Bertie - I am off tomorrow to Pedraces - forecast is for snow Sunday/Monday by the look of it Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Monday looks like the really snowy day for the Sella Ronda area resorts
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So today in Selva the snow was billed but only a very light dusting came. I had such a good day today. The visibility was good despite the snow and the sun was trying to poke through. The slopes are in good condition. Can't wait for tomorrow, there might be sun Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Why can I not find ANYWHERE info on Ciampinoi opening times? Puzzled
ski holidays
http://m.dolomitisuperski.com/en/val-gardena/open-lifts@skiben,
snow conditions
Checking in from Badia, WIFI access not great here, skiing has been fantastic. Very warm but the pistes are in good shape especially higher up. Very spring like low down. I would not like to predict how much longer the lower access routes will be skiable for. Marmolada today so hoping for sun and no queues Very Happy
ski holidays
@CP, Any pics? I already miss the place Sad
ski holidays
ALQ wrote:
@CP, Any pics? I already miss the place Sad

Not able to upload from here but will when we get home tomorrow
latest report
gracias!

What does your signature mean?
snow report
Just returned rom Corvara. Here are some photos from Colfosco and from the ski area berween Corvara, La villa and San Cassiano

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/George_Bogdanovic/library/Alta%20Badia%202015%20March?sort=3&page=1
snow conditions
@jimmybog, beautiful. How did you cope with the crowds? wink
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
@jimmybog, beautiful. How did you cope with the crowds? wink

Lol. The busiest area I experienced was in Colfosco skiing down from the mid section of the Plans Frara gondola. The section just below the gondola did used to get cut up pretty quick. But I then avoided the main crowd by skiing down on blue 40A rather than blue 40. In Corvara itself I didnt see any proper queues at either the Borest or Boe stations. Boe was probably the busier of the two. On the monday when it snowed I went up to the Pralongia area and everywhere was so quiet. It was a bit spooky at times as I was the only one on the runs. Visibility was poor on that day but the lack of people made up for it. Overall an amazingly beautiful area with some nice easy slopes. Pity some of the blue runs in the Pralongia area had quite steep pitches at times as it made it difficult (for me) to connect to other lifts and also to get back down. Particularly bothersome for me was the steep pitch on blue 8 just past the La Baita hut and the steep blue 14 below L'Tabla hut. Blue 5 from Arlara also had several steep sections which caused me a few problems. However none of that is a criticism of the ski area, its my fault for being so crap at skiing and my fear of steeper slopes. I will write a full review soon once I have caught up with work etc
snow report
@jimmybog, nice pics snowHead
snow conditions
In Arabba now, 8 degrees and sunny at the moment, snow down to village, and locals we spoke to seem pretty confident that Monday will be a snow day wink)
snow report
I've just been 'perusing' the Dolomites webcams' :: Arabba looks to have had a light dusting overnight and the temperatures are below freezing in Selva (-0.6 in the village and -5 top of Ciampinoi at 11.30...).

Snow looks to be holding up -- All in all a good finish to the season !!

Envious of anybody out there now......
ski holidays
Snowed yesterday evening, so a dusting at village level in Lola Villa this morning. Snowing all day from mid station above at Alta Badia, beautiful and quiet
latest report

above La Villa today, Easter Monday.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Despite the unimpressive total depths I suspect they have had a commercially successful season this year.

The Sella Ronda has been open since before Christmas and compared to some aother parts of the Alps there have been very few days since New year when the whole area and all the lifts have not been open. Skiing in the Dolomites has been very reliable this year and I suspect that matters a lot in choosing to return there.....nothwithstanding all the other benefits

Also I think summer is a busier visitor season than winter which probably explains the very high standard of infrastructure there snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy