Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé and Salzburg Super Ski - Snow Reports 2014 - 15

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It was closed between the Krottendorf services/parking to the south (which is about where we were, could see the traffic lights about 30 vehicles in front), think we got on the autobahn about 9:15. Still closed between Tweng and Obertauern so it was the long way back this evening too, saying 6am tomorrow morning before it opens at least.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kooky & Waynos thanks for info here Smile It was great end of ski season on Monday, even though some more sun wouldn't hurt. But it was still perfect, and I could hardly wish better last day on skis for this winter. Now skis are packed till October... I guess, unless this winter still has some surprise for us waiting. Smile
End of the season from Primoz Jeroncic
https://vimeo.com/124344676
Probably video sucks, but everything is for first time once Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Beautiful pistes in Reiteralm today. Skiing Flachau tomorrow... Need to be near home to get decorating finished before the weekend
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@primoz, great video, captures the powder conditions nicely. I never made it to zauch this trip but plenty of good lines around Schladming, just not so obvious.

Today was more spring like, still quite cool but sun exposed slopes were crusty, shady north slopes still holding excellent snow, though temps set to rise over next few days, so some proper spring slush to be had soon.

Seems such a shame most lifts close this weekend with such great snow but given how quiet it is already it's not surprising.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@primoz, great vid, there isn't a day I don't feel blessed to live here Madeye-Smiley
@waynos, Zauch is open until this Sunday, you still have time NehNeh
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@waynos Zauchensee is much closer for me then Schladming. I just get off highway in Flachauwinkel, and in less then 1.5h after I get out of my house, I'm already on lift up (yeah I don't like that track down to Flachauwinkel, but it's just one run on the end of the day, so it's not that bad Smile). With Schladming, I need at least 20mins more, if I get some traffic on road from Radstadt to Schladming, it's even more, which means I should wake up early Very Happy For Zauchensee I can wake up at at least sort of decent hour, and still be on first gondola up. Did I say I hate waking up at middle of the night (read: before 6am) ? Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anywhere open after the tomz (apart from Sportgastein (Fri-Sun)) ?

The pistes are all fully open and in great condition. Shame, but with no-one around understandable.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Gamskogel lifts at Zauchensee are open until next weekend, but I think then that's it for most of the area. Maybe Schladming/Reiteralm, but only if enough racers want to use the facilities.

The vast majority of people (punter-wise) are now thinking of beach holidays here in Germany, not one of my friends or colleagues understands why I'm still skiing. I'll switch to the glaciers soon, Stubai and Hintertux are both within easy driving distance for me. The Kitzsteinhorn is just a wee bit too far for me to justify a day trip. A weekend though is always cheap at this time of year.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Obertauern's open for a couple of weeks yet.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Sitter, we are planning a day there in 2 weeks time, are you still there?

Skied Zauch today, awesome until about 11am when the skis grabbed like hell...still good though Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nope, left Saturday. Currently in the Arlberg relaxing with a bit of skiing/boarding in the sunshine.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Been snowing heavily since late afternoon with 20+ cms around town. Should be fun up Sportgastein tomorrow if they open it up. With quite a bit more snow due overnight they may need time to secure the area/ access roads.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@snowheads68, sounds excellent. I'm UK based now but hope for a weekend ski in May. Enjoy the fresh snow. I've heard it's snow in Radstadt too, so snow down to the valleys.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy