Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

~Tamworth Snowvember SkiTest, Wed 26th Nov 2014~

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good evening at Tamworth, cheers guys.
Tested
Armada somthibng or others, Gordon wasn, t ready by the time I got back, so no result.... theyvhad orange tips, no good for me, a 6 at best, probably a 4...
Volkl zx80 or something like that, felt ok but tended to stick, the guy apologise d and started removing wax, blamin chemical snow, which was fair enough. Promised to return.
Volkl Kendo. Very good at least an 8, these were the last pair of the evening so had clear runs, shame the scanner just didn't want to work, poor Gordon wasn, t having an easy time ! 177 longer
Blizzards Brahme, again really good for me, 180 long at least a 7 or 8, .

Had a good chatvwith Atomic about my currentv skis so feel better and warmer about them.

Great to try other manufacturers skis, great to bump into guys I knew and chat with other SH.

Sorry for crap typing, on cycle trainer..

Now I am in a more stable environment I thought I would add.
I told the ski people I was looking for an all mountain ski, 90% on piste with a view to starting to go off piste.
Mainly reds with possibly the odd black thrown in.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 28-11-14 22:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So quick one on the planks I tried. I was looking for an all mountain ski, something that's 50 50 piste, powder. Tbh the slope there probably doesn't do the skis justice but here's what I thought.

For comparison reason I currently had an all mountain 4frnt stl ski, although it is more posts orientated as its small underfoot. However it does ski fast for a twin tip and is very responsive. So ...

First was the line blend. Whether they had to much wax on them or not I don't know, but they where rubbish. Heavy and very unresponsive. I rated them far to highly when they got scanned but I would probably give them no more than a 4.

Next where the volkl bridge, these did have to much wax on so I didn't rate them.
I moved on to the volkl wall, which were brilliant. They are a full camber ski and where very responsive and had a nice pop. Rated them 8.

Then came the whitedot, pretty much tried the whole range and they were all great.

The ranger - I was very pesemistic about this, as it wasn't a twin tip which I'm used to, but I have to say it was probably the best ski I tired all day. Quick on then turn, good in switch, and nice and fast. A 9.

The dictator - full rocker, little camber, great ski, but not suited at all for the piste. It runs quite slow due to the full rocker and bit slow on the turn. I could see this be amazing in the powder which it is designed for, but I wouldn't want to use it all day on the hard stuff.

The preacher - great the ski I'm looking for. Good enough to ski all day, sharp turn in, responsive and light!! Can imagine it being great in the pow too. Gave it a 9. Just need to win the tombola now.

As for carbonlite, it is noticable but unless you are treking, I don't think they are needed, even the owner told me the pros where using the standard version for competition. Saying that if I had the money I would upgrade!

Thanks again to the admin, top night and great to finally meet some people.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As we're getting so much great feedback about the skis, I've moved this to the Equipment forum.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy