Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski in summer?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
sorry i posted in wrong section before,
is there anywhere in europe that i can ski during the summer holidays?
would this be cheeper than going in april half term
thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are several places, typically on the glaciers.

I have only skied at Hintertux (Austria) and Les Deux Alpes (France) in August. Others here have skied at more. I think I saw earlier that you hadn't skied much? If that is the case, of the two I have been to, I would recommend Les Deux Alpes. There is also a lot to do in the area so that you could have a good summer holiday.

There has been a lot of discussion here before, I shall try to dig out some links for you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Adding to your other question about price, I would have thought it would be cheaper in terms of accommodation and lift prices. It should be noted that you probably wouldn't be able to ski for as many hours in the day in the summer (lifts sometimes shut early afternoon) and also there would be less of the area open.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
hargi, Yes, e.g. Les Deux Alpes or Tignes in France; Saas Fee or Zermatt in Switzerland, Stubai or Hintertux in Austria.

The skiing is a bit like at lower altitude in April, usually hard first thing, then softens up nicely then goes a bit slushy and skiing is usually over by 1pm or so.

Makes a great holiday combined with walking, biking, gazing at mountains with beer in hand, etc. though Very Happy

Cheaper than easter hols, comparable prices with late season out of hols.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Here's a link to an earlier discussion that you may find helpful.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A big group of us went to Les 2 Alpes for 5 days in the summer, and it was great fun; t-shirts and sunglasses and LOTS of sun cream. However, the snow was very slushy and there wasn't much left on the glacier -- this was no problem for us because we were having fun in the snowboard park, but you should just be aware that it's a very different type of skiing holiday than a winter one. Ideal for beginners but could get frustrating if you cover ground quickly!

We camped in a lovely village further down the valley that was connected to L2D with a cable car. Unfortunately I can't remember the name. French campsites are very well set up, with showers, shops etc. It also had a swimming pool; the kids there looked like they were having a ball. Some of our party went downhill mountain-biking, and there were other activities on offer, so I think it would make a brilliant summer holiday for the family, and definitely be cheaper than winter in the same resort.

But check previous year's snow reports and go as early as you can.

Good luck! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ejh103, Venosc is the name you're looking for snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy