Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

~ Chill Factore :: Ski Test, 22nd Nov, Manchester ~

Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

I'm interested in coming but before I pay I want to know if there will be a decent selction of ladies skis to try? I'm interested in the line tease but I'm happy to come and try any if there will be a fair few options! It's just I'm quite short so mens skis aren't really an option..

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@M1yke,
Yes the £35 includes the four hour lift pass.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are any of the brands represented by the manufacturers ? or just by the the retailers ? I particularly want to take K2 to task for misrepresenting my skis.
K2 say about my AMP Impact ski wrote:
All-Terrain Rocker - 70% camber & 30% rocker for effortless turns and transitions with ultimate edge hold
MOD Technology - Amazing suspension system that absorbs vibrations and increases control
MOD Monic - A Focused Mass-Dampener, the Monic is a solid zinc mass that works in conjunction with the Mod structure to focus mass-dampening at a targeted location
ultimate edge hold is an exaggerated claim, should be reserve for competition skis.
MOD Technology clearly does not work on my skis the shake like a defecating dog.
MOD Monic I understand the theory but I think sticking a bottle top on the ski would be just as effective a gimmick.
Can I have my money back?

O.K. they float remarkably well for their narrow width in powder. They are very light, the track mounted Marker M3 11.0 bindings perhaps a little flimsy and loose in the rails. The edge hold is better than my previous skis but a factory fresh edge tune helps. I bought them for lightness but maybe I should have gone for the heavier model with the titanal sheet as they are a rough ride in chop as they ride over rather than plough through.
I wonder about the on-line reviews I checked out before purchasing - they gave good reviews - had they a vested interest or been buttered up. I will be interested to see if this years evolution the AMP 80X has improved.
I live but don't learn, test skis before you buy. Unbiased second opinions would help so it is your duty to do the feed back after testing at these events especially after the effort Admin has put in to arrange things.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok! Paid up and filled in my details and keeping fingers crossed that I can manage to escape to at least show my face at the test snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't help thinking Rossignol marketing are badly missing a trick by not turning, it reflects negatively on their brand. At $600-$800 for their skis there must be a health gross profit drained by the need for marketing. Getting a truly independent appraisal of their skis must be valuable. There may be only 37 or so people signed up Snowheads posts are on the internet and are picked up by the search engines & thereby cost effective for the demonstrators. I had many happy days on my B2's & would have been interested in their latest 7 series offerings but never mind there are plenty other brands that try harder turning up.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
223lou will be disappointed the Rossignol chap won't be there, particularly as she saw him at the ski show and he agreed to bring some skis to this specifically for her to try. Still, I'm sure there are other manufacturers who will be happy to sell their product if she finds something she likes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@897sma, get her to try the Dynastars, really good range of women's skis snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lechbob wrote:
I can't help thinking Rossignol marketing are badly missing a trick by not turning, it reflects negatively on their brand. At $600-$800 for their skis there must be a health gross profit drained by the need for marketing. Getting a truly independent appraisal of their skis must be valuable. There may be only 37 or so people signed up Snowheads posts are on the internet and are picked up by the search engines & thereby cost effective for the demonstrators. I had many happy days on my B2's & would have been interested in their latest 7 series offerings but never mind there are plenty other brands that try harder turning up.

admin wrote:
Two new brands have confirmed they are attending: Rossignol and Liberty

have not seen anything posted since by admin to say they are no longer coming. so hopefully they will be there snowHead
P.S.
I want dibs on some FIS SL for 2-3 runs snowHead If they bring them.

For anyone unfamiliar with CFe I hope to be there from just after 2pm I will let the front desk staff know where I will be ( probably the Mont Blanc café upstairs ) as I have not met too many snowheads yet and no snowheads stickers I will have my green ski helmet on the table. Hopefully then we all meet up at the same spot and can have a drink/chat etc before going down to the slope. If the sports bar is quiet I may try and grab some seating in there though, so just ask at the desk.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
speed098 wrote:

have not seen anything posted since by admin to say they are no longer coming. so hopefully they will be there snowHead

I had an email this morning saying they wouldn't be there
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry to say, @speed098, neither Rossignol or Liberty are coming now Sad

However, Livetoski is now bringing Movement
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@admin, don't worry about Rossi, their loss will be Dynastar's gain I am sure.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sarah wrote:
@admin, don't worry about Rossi, their loss will be Dynastar's gain I am sure.

Or Volkl's snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
see you all tomorrow! will have a snowhead buff on....

And a snowhead sticker on my helmet....

did a preliminary recce last week and am pleased to report that the snow conditions were good for manchester at this time of year, although the moguls were somewhat icy......

Nando's afterwards anyone?

Or a sneaky beer/bombardino? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@speed098, Hi, have tried to message you but I'm down a crevasse? Can you message me your number so I can inquire as to where we go to unload vans etc (side door straight onto the snow?).

Thanks

PS looking forward to seeing everybody.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
k wrote:
Or a sneaky beer/bombardino? Toofy Grin

Now that sounds like a great idea.
latest report
Lechbob wrote:

Don't be too hard on them. It's a super busy time of year for manufacturers and distributors. A demo is pretty full on with servicing a full demo fleet and staffing on a weekend when it's already a really busy time of year. Margins are no where what you'd think. Happy to dicsuss in more details tomorrow.

Look forward to meeting you and getting you on some real skis Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Dot., Hi not sure where is best but I will be there at 2pm if you need me to get there earlier and check where you need to unload I can do so and then arrange to meet you out front.

there are two side entrances to the bottom of the slope I would think the one on the right hand side as you look at the slope would be the easiest as the other one would require you to take the gear across the bottom of the beginners slope. That entrance is straight on rather than turning left to go in front of Evans cycles but it is one way going the other way.
I don't work at CFe just a layabout spending way too much time there wink

I can message you my mobile but it's reception is lousy even at CFe so if you want to pm me approx. arrival time I will meet you outside. same goes for any other company's attending will do my best to help you and admin out.

I am only onslope 6-8pm so hopefully can help out with the gear for the other two hours.
snow report
@speed098, Thanks. I'll be there around 3.30ish
latest report
@Dot.,

Can not message you due to the crevasse Shocked

But if admin sees this please feel free to provide my mobile number for what it is worth to any of the company's attending if that helps you out re setting up.
snow report
Dot. wrote:
@speed098, Thanks. I'll be there around 3.30ish

Will meet you outside I will have a green sweet protection rooster helmet in my hand ( just in case mobile reception is usual junk for me ).

For meeting I will wear an older orange Phoenix jacket ( stands out in the crowd ).
snow conditions
speed098 wrote:

P.S.
I want dibs on some FIS SL for 2-3 runs snowHead If they bring them.

Talk to Tim Kneissl, you won't be disappointed.
snow conditions
We're here but can't see anyone, where do we meet?
snow report
Not sure if you will pick this up. Running late. Presume you will leave passes at main desk?

Look for the harassed couple with child!!
rolling eyes
latest report
Quick question is here anyone in bar at the moment or is everyone out on the slope?
snow report
mountain mad wrote:
Quick question is here anyone in bar at the moment or is everyone out on the slope?

We're in the bar... is anyone meeting for après?
ski holidays
Many thanks to Admin for arranging this and to the suppliers for bringing the skis. It was great to be able to compare side by side.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 23-11-14 9:45; edited 1 time in total
latest report
A big thank you to @admin, his helpers and the ski suppliers. Good to try a a variety of skis.
ski holidays
And another big thank you to Admin, the suppliers and the rest of the Snowheads team for a well organised evening. snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Absolutely thoroughly enjoyed the privilege of testing the variety of skis for the first time. Was really surprised that there were such differences to the skis. Thank you very much to all who arranged and ran it Smile
latest report
Had a great evening totally knackered now and at a party snowHead
Big thanks to admin , et al and all the reps for a great evening was great meeting more snowheads snowHead

Hopefully next year will be even bigger.
snow conditions
Thanks to ADMIN and the suppliers for a great night
snow report
Can't believe I missed this. I spent (wasted...) eight hours at CFe yesterday whilst my partner had a beginner's day lesson. Could quite easily have enjoyes four hours of testing!
snow conditions
@admin, superb effort, well done snowHead Was sorry I wasn't skiing in the end but was fairly satisfied even just ogling all the fab planks Laughing was great meeting and chatting to you but was very late back for getting to my rugby do and was in trouble with 'im indoors Sad

@spyderjon lovely to catch up with you and thanks for bringing my order Smile

@Dot., great to meet you.

@speed098, good to meet you at last!

Was sorry I couldn't hang around and meet more SHs.
snow conditions
@sarah,

Was great finally catching up. snowHead
ski holidays
Great evening meeting snowheads old and new (and New).

We had a great Full English for breakfast in central Manchester, and a scoot around the Manchester Christmas market as an unexpected bonus...back home in The North and welcomed by the cat.

The market was extensive, and felt like Essen...and yes, we did buy some German Sausage.
snow report
Had loads of fun at the skitest yesterday!

Thank you very much to @admin for getting together a great selection of brands.

Despite my best efforts, I didn't manage to test all the skis I was planning on but did enjoy those I tested immensely - though my "short list" of possible all mountain skis has now got longer rather than shorter...! Madeye-Smiley snowHead snowHead
snow report
Fantastic to hear that you all had an awesome time, unfortunately I had to drop out, eldest daughter left for Australia yesterday morning for at least 12 months & I did try to persuade OH to come along for the test Very Happy
ski holidays
As always, had a great time. Fantastic catching up with you all and a massive thanks all those who tried our skis.
snow report
Any one else got sore legs? Had a great time and found a truly fantastic ski and a couple that I really enjoyed a lot. Special thanks to admin and the testers especially the guy from Armada who was very helpful. Could do with testing a couple more, but could easily spend another 4 hours at it! Legs need a rest though. Missed an early dinner to go. Was quite hungry at 5, ravenous at 9 and slightly shaky snowHead
snow report
Really good fun guys, thanks very much for organising. The best skis' for me weren't on the test unlabelled, but the K2 AMP Chargers were superb, somehow can't ski some of the planks / powder skis yet but a new skill that obviously needs to be learnt!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy