Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plagne 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Could anyone tell me if there are any very easy runs back to plagne 1800.

I have been as far as belle plagne when staying in Les car and was thinking of going to plagne centre as it seems that there are many easy blues for me and the wife in that area. I would like to stay in plage centre but most of the accomodation however seems to be in 1800 so I need to know if we can get back to it easily.

Or if anyone can suggest another plagne to stay at I would appreciate thoughts.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is plenty of accommodation available in all of the La Plagne villages, just have a look on the accommodation section of the La Plagne tourist office website and you will find loads. - http://laplagne.for-system.com/index_uk.aspx
For instance there are currently 192 apartments available in Plagne Centre in the first week of January.

I'd assume you can avoid the main school holiday periods if it is just you and your wife so you will have plenty to choose from.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi
Yes looking to go mid late January but wanted catered chalet they do not seem so pleantyful.

Do you know if runs back to 1800 are easy ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnbushrod, Yep there are a lot of catered chalets in 1800 but the runs through the village can be worn or slushy!, we can go through there to get back to Montalbert, sometimes it is best avoided, particularly early and late season, although that said, more snowmaking has been added. There are three principal runs back into 1800, two are blue, the other is being re graded as a red this season I understand.
There are catered chalets in Plagne Soleil and Plagne villages. The Mark Warner and Ski Olympic operations in Plagne Centre get reasonable write ups as Chaletotels.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi johnbushrod,

As boredsurfin says there are two normal blue runs down to 1800 so if you are confident doing snowplough turns down a blue run then you'll have no problem with this.

If you're a bit nervous of skiing down on the first day there is an excellent free bus service between centre and 1800 which runs every half an hour and which drops at several locations round the village.

Hope that helps?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnbushrod, it's not the most convenient part of the resort, frankly. I'd choose one of the other locations as suggested above. If you look at the link in Snow and Sunshine's, post, they have a ski in/out chalet in Plagne Village. Ski Olympic are good, too - a number of enthusiastic reports here on SHs.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And Snow and Sunshine,'s place in Plagne Village is very convenient for some easy blue pistes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
From memory if you end up in Plagne centre you have a red and a blue that is pretty much just a track. The last time I visited and stayed in LP 1800 was also a January when there hadn't been any snow for a while. The track/blue was very bare and at the end of the day the red run was overly busy with icy patches, and a lot of people struggling/fallen. Under normal conditions it would have been fine.

You can also get back down to 1800 from Aime, there a blue and a short, but steep black. However getting back to 1800 from via Aime each day if you were elsewhere.

I'd echo what others have said re: 1800, it's on a fairly steep sided hill so unless you're at the bottom of the hill-there are one/two places that have ski in/out then you've potentially a long hike down to the lifts in the morning and unless you use the buses a decent hike back last thing if you end up back at the slopes into 1800.

I really like LP it has something for most but is a bit disjointed depending on where you choose to stay.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I did a season in Plagne 1800 and can say it does depend on where your chalet is. Plagne 1800 is built on quite a steep hill. Our chalet was near the top so you only needed to ski a little way down then cut through to the top road. If you ski to the bottom of the village where the lifts are you could have quite a trek back up the hill dependent on where your chalet is.
To be honest more often than not we found it just as quick to ski to the bottom of the green in Plagne Centre and walk down the road rather than ski back, either that or use the excellent free bus service. The bus is literally only 2 mins from Plagne Centre to 1800 and runs every 30 mins doing a bug loop around 1800 and then back to Centre.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks very much pam w and skichampcouk Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snow and Sunshine, My memory for names isn't what it was ..

Ice and Fire, I shall make an effort to remember Very Happy wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy