Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transferring between resorts? (Morzine to Meribel)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone

I was hoping someone might have experience of inter-resort transfers and might be able to help.

I am skiing in Morzine with friends from the 4th to the 10th of Jan and then I am skiing with my parents in Meribel 10th - 17th of Jan. I was wondering what is the best option for transferring between the two resorts?

Is it best to go via Geneva, or is it possible to transfer directly between the two (as this would be much quicker) and if so which company would you recommend?

I am just travelling by myself, but would have my skis/boots/suitcase with me - so I don't mind paying a bit extra for quickness and ease.

Any advice would be very welcome

Many thanks,

Laura
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laura J, what a lovely problem to have! Welcome to snowheads. Someone on here usually has the answer.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, we did the reverse of this (almost!) last year transferring between Meribel and Les Gets. We ended up going via Geneva mainly because we had a transfer included on our Meribel holiday and then used one of the many transfer companies available from Geneva for the transfer to Les Gets. The only time its an advantage that the TOs to get you to the airport at the crack of dawn, when you're going somewhere else instead of home!

It worked well for us but I can understand you not wanting to go via Geneva if you don't have to. I looked at private transfer (directly from Meribel) and it was very expensive. Would suggest maybe car hire unless there is options for trains from down in the valley.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Think your best bet is to go back to geneva don't thnk you will get direct transfer but there are lots of people going in and out of geneva on a saturday from both resorts look for a shared transfer with one of the mini bus operators.How are your parents getting to Meribel ?
http://www.merinet.com/travel/transfers/guide http://www.altibus.com/

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 20-10-14 15:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Most people in morzine don't go on holiday in meribwl, and vice versa. So, nothing between but a private taxi or hire care.

Go via Geneva.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Book a transfer to Geneva as posted above, it'll cost about 35€in a shared minibus, and post a message in one of the Meribel season worker groups on FB and see if anyone is going to the airport that day. Loads of small chalet companies and workers dropping mates off doing that trip. If your parents are driving then you can train it to Moutiers below Meribel and it'll take them 20mins to come and pick you up (a taxi up the hill is far too expensive).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy