Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers and staying in Le Bettex

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We've decided to try out the Snow Powder Pigs chalet in Le Bettex (anyone stayed there before?)

We've got flights to Geneva and looking for transfer options to at least Les Menuires.

Anyone stayed here before and have any advice on options?

We know about Ben's bus but wondering if there were alternatives?

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've stayed in Bettex before, though not with Snow Powder Pigs. Most of the chalet operators there will have a van for running people to and from Les Menuires itself, or just to the Bettex chair lift if you're at one of the more distant chalets. The Bettex chair is an old slow fixed two man job (unless they've upgraded it) and you need to take a second chair to get up to the middle of Les Menuires and on to the rest of the 3 valleys, but I've usually gone right to the Masse area first thing as it has some fantastic pistes and usually very quiet.

On the transfer question I've always done either private minivan from airports or the standard scheduled Altibus from Moutiers for the train. There is a bus stop at the fork in the road to Bettex, but I've always preferred to just use the bus station in Les Menuires and then get picked up by the chalet guys from there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can't advise on transfers but can say I have skied from Le Bettex 20+ times and love it . . . snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can put your transfer request on http://www.findtransfers.com/ and see what prices you get from local taxi and transfer companies for shared or private transfers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are asking for a transfer make sure to say you want to go to Le Bettaix, Le Bettex is quite a long way away.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rjs, I was wondering about that when I first saw this thread - le Bettex is near St Gervais? I think it was you who told me about a cut through near there, to save going through Sallanches? There's also a "le Bettex" area near Albertville.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy