Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF Megeve touting for business at the London Ski Show

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I think ski technique and teaching ability should both be assessed, but how to do the latter objectively and the former other than by speed - how many rotations they can do in a jump?? Anyway...

Even if SB gets the instructor and ski school stuff overturned by Europe he's Be Nice please! in France because of the unrelated employment law breaches; people have to accept this isn't 'do what you want' England.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@feef, I agree with you but BASi's lawyers view is that technically it is not ageist. I doubt if I could pass my professional exams now but that is the way it is.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@albinomountainbadger, yep he might get somewhere on the grandfather rights but I think regarding the L2/3 employment and employment law breaches he is toast at least in France.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
albinomountainbadger wrote:
I think ski technique and teaching ability should both be assessed, but how to do the latter objectively and the former other than by speed - how many rotations they can do in a jump?? Anyway...

Have to get within 10% of the points Drew Tabke/Candide Thovex would get in a free ride comp?

Would be very entertaining with them all on slalom skis Laughing

And just imagine the shock if for safety reasons they were only allowed to enter with a minimum ski width of 110mm for safety reasons Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skison wrote:
Kenny wrote:

According to http://www.basi.org.uk/content/employment-france.aspx BASI L2 and L3 are accepted by the ESF Puzzled

Only with the addition of Test Technique; L2 or L3 is not good enough.

And, AIUI, only for a few years while you work up through the system towards your level 3-4.

A level 3 with ET, I'm less sure about.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
feef wrote:
However, that's a completely different topic to the one at hand, so let's not drift TOO much Smile

If someone can't do the test because of their age, but could still do their job as an instructor despite not being able to do the test, then its still the French ski industry (possibly) ignoring EU labour laws.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@fullenglish, again - its not because the test is specifically allowed by the EU rules
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The heavy handedness of the ESF's trade union has cost them the Ski Club of GB's business http://www.planetski.eu/news/6480
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@skimottaret, but will benefit others.

I posted while you were away doing more constructive things like skiing that the level 3 mountain safety trains and assesses you off-piste within the boundary but then the level 3 guidelines state you are only qualified to ski marked-routes so it does look as if the course assesses you but does not qualify you to teach off-piste outside marked routes? Just curious what your understanding is as it is not entirely clear.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
TTT, havent followed this thread for the last couple of weeks as busy skiing but on a rest day today ... hopefully the ESF's loss will benefit those organisations that put potential clients needs first.

on the MS my understanding is as per the BASI website "A member who holds the Level 2 Instructor Qualification and the Level 3 Mountain Safety Qualification can lead off pisted descents within the confines of the ski area boundary consistent with the laws of the country they are operating in. This must not include uphill travel or the planned use of axe, crampons, rope or overnight stays. Travel is restricted to non-glacial terrain."

I think the key point is following local laws... The definition of "off piste" seems to vary... 10 metres off the side of a piste, a marked itinerary run, anywhere within the resort boundary, etc....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy