Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre-Chevalier, France 2014-2015

Poster: A snowHead
Now don't get too excited, but as the Cucumelle/Vallons webcam is now back up and running, it is time to keep an eye on that snow.
I do wish I could embed the camera onto the page, but it is beyond me so you will just have to put up with the link.

http://serrechevalier.livecam360.net/cucumelle
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't think I'll be waxing my skis just yet.... wink Laughing

Nice to see a bit of snow on some of those caps, though snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cacciatore, it wasn't there a month ago, so yes, it is nice to see it. There's already a good covering on the L2A glacier apparently.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah yes, the SC snow report thread. Winter must be just round the corner Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hells Bells, good to know. Last time I looked on the webcam L2A glacier looked v icy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow on the Cucumelle Livecam this morning.

latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Serre Ratier this afternoon
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Getting there!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@KenX, nice to see. Are you coming out this winter or saving all the dosh for the permanent move?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi HB Smile
Definitely coming in March on SOPiB15, maybe before as well, depends on the house sale....................
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Still snowing http://serrechevalier.livecam360.net/cucumelle?t=2014-11-05+10-30-00
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Excellent... Toofy Grin shame I still have to wait another 3 months to get there! Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Here you go off the Serre FaceBook today

Mind you way too early to get excited remember what happened before the start of last season and how that early snowfall that then melted caused that unstable layer.

That said we'll be out as and when, if there's substantial snow prior to the official opening we'll go out and ski tour etc

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is that the Casse Du Beouf chair?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Cacciatore, yes
ski holidays
Weathercam, thanks. Nice pic (and run) snowHead

Remember doing the Marteau blue and then dropping onto the Casse du Beouf black near the end of my first ever weeks skiing. Somewhat scary, at the time, as I recall.
snow conditions
70-80 cm of fresh snow between Bachas and le col de l'Eychauda according to the forum serre che...
ski holidays
@bart_bdv, Very Happy
snow conditions

looking pretty good this morning
snow conditions
Ooh that does look lovely. Looking forward to seeing it all first hand in January.
snow report
Stunning today Cool http://serrechevalier.livecam360.net/cucumelle
ski holidays
Spike107 wrote:
Stunning today Cool http://serrechevalier.livecam360.net/cucumelle

wow that looks lovely
snow report
Corr. There are worse pictures.....
ski holidays
And some more of the dump

More pictures here
ski holidays
Serre Chevalier will be open for the weekend of the 29th and 30th November.
latest report
But only a small sector possibly Monetier and depending on further snow fall(s) they might expand the area
snow conditions
Lovely shot taken last Thursday up at the Col, hoping to do far more kiting this coming season Cool

Last season didn't do any, mind you that's because the conditions were so often detrimental to kiting which basically meant it was snowing a lot most of the time Toofy Grin

ski holidays
Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh check this out Cool

Take a look at this for some pre season powder, and the rewards for skinning up. This was last week after that 80cm dump Smile
Basically he drove up in 4x4 and then skinned up from Frejus to the top of Cucumelle......

serre che from skions.com
http://vimeo.com/111325385
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guys from Riquet making the most of the recent snow falls at the weekend Evil or Very Mad

snow conditions
Was having a long chat with a good friend last night in Serre and he was saying how it was raining in the village and turning to sleet etc and then this from someone else I know first thing this morning Very Happy

snow conditions
@Weathercam, it was dumping in Briancon too when I was talking to a friend last night.
ski holidays
Wow, wow and 100 times wow.

ski holidays
Hells Bells wrote:

Wow indeed.... is the resort not open yet...? Surely a covering like this would mean them wanting to get the punters through the door!
ski holidays
@Spike107, not yet. They are opening for weekends from 29th November, then fully open from 13th.
snow conditions
Hells Bells wrote:

Toofy Grin snowHead
snow report
@Spike107, think about the logistics needed to open up the resort?

Pisteurs, lifties, need to prepare the pistes etc etc all these people have jobs outside of the winter months so they can't suddenly flick a switch and open up the resort, hence only the very limited opening at the weekends.

Must admit to getting very itchy though as we would be having a ball if we were out there now with so much to do on our doorstep.

The joys of earning your turns Cool

And this just in from friends in La Grave "Hey Gavin, lot's of new snow since last night. Mountain looking good wink)"
ski holidays
Hells Bells wrote:

You can say that again.
Looks great.
snow report
@Weathercam, do you think it'll survive the very warm days coming up? Freezing level well over 3000m by the look of it. If there's a big melt then re-freeze, that can make for a good base I think - or have I got that wrong?

@Spike107, a lot of resorts will start some limited weekend opening from early December, if snow permits, though at present things are going to have to get colder for snow to permit except at the highest altitudes. It's been cold the last few days but before that was very mild (warm ground) and it's getting very mild again. Snow cover is too fickle in December for it to be worth opening lower resorts - and even in Tignes, Val Thorens etc where cover is usually pretty good, there are few punters about. It's a great time to ski if conditions are good though.

It's always a roller-coaster in December, if you are hoping to ski at Christmas - feast and famine! And conditions can change very quickly. Last year was a real cliff-hanger, but not too bad in the end.
snow conditions
At the moment, the reports seem to suggest there is 185cm snow-depth on the upper slopes in SC with snow falling to 1400m, rising to 2400 early next week.
snow conditions
@Cacciatore, down to 1200m this morning according to Melanie. There is often big differences in temperature and weather conditions from one side of the Lauteret to the other. I've left Serre Che in heavy snow to find it raining on the other side, and vice-versa.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy