Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz or la rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Gmd, you can't base a recommendation on a single data point. Last year was an unusually poor start to the season.

Although, your point is valid, hopefully this season will start nothing like last year. But Morzine home runs are indeed low, and even with good snow(/making), if it's not super cold, then they are likely to be at least hard packed.

That said, the lower reaches of the home runs are often pretty firm, by design Skullie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm going to raise my hand for Chatel, although there are plenty of people who will no doubt disagree with me based on their own personal views - I sill think it deserves a shout out based on my own great experiences here and those of loads of my friends and countless other holiday goers too.

Both Superchatel and Linga/Pre-la-joux sectors (which will be joined by the new link going in this year at Lac de Vonnes) have plenty of both tree skiing AND cruisey blues, access to the wider portes de soleil is easy too and you can pretty much ski almost anywhere in the whole PDS on a blue run (although some may be slightly narrower in places) there are also plenty of easy reds, so if you feel you want to step it up you don't have to venture far, if there are any advanced skier in your group there are plenty of tough reds and blacks too, but the thing with any Piste is - it's a difficult as you want to make it - on the whole it's an excellent area. Chatel a couple hundred meters higher than Morzine and Lets Gets so, often when it's a bit too mild in Morzine it's below freezing in Chatel - and most of the runs at Linga/Pre-la-Joux sector are more north facing so IF the worst does happen and the temperature rises above freezing it doesn't affect the snow conditions any measurable amount.

Saying you want guaranteed snow is all well and good and I've never really had a problem with 'lack of snow' - after all - it's winter, show me a time when it has never snowed in winter! I mean, sure, sometimes the conditions can be unfavourable but that is something not limited to one place and can affect large swathes of the Alps. Some of my friends went Val Thorens a few years back because they wanted 'guaranteed snow' low and behold the wind had striped the mountain and they had a lot of bare patches and rocks... so nothing is guaranteed except the changing of the months.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"show me a time when it has never snowed in winter"

1954. No* snow in France. At all.

* at least, not enough, low enough to allow skiing with the existing infrastructure. Would still cause problems today.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well... I'll be...

60 years ago...

I guess all those resorts who didn't have canons would be really nobbled... Just as well there are loads of Canons in Chatel and other resorts, for those 'just-in-case-it-happens-again-ophobes'
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Insiders, seriously. There really, really was (apparently) almost now snow and very mild conditions.

So all those lovely snow cannons would have been lovely ornaments for hiking past. (As they were in early season last year and in many years previously).

And just because it was quite some time ago means sweet f.a. It happened and so could happen again. So smarty pants, "show me a time when it has never snowed in winter", I just did. NehNeh
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yep, and I acknowledged what you said.... NehNeh

But that doesn't make my points any less valid... And seeing as I asked to be shown a time when it hadn't snowed, it still snowed even though you say 'almost' it still snowed. And based on the implication of what you say you imply that no one should go skiing based on the fact that it might not snow at all... even though that has never happened!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Insiders, you are weird. I have no idea what you're trying to say now. Never mind, don't worry about it, calm down et bon dimanche Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm perfectly calm Very Happy it's sunday, it's sunny.... what's not to be calm about...?

The thing you are having difficulty understanding seems to be that I am right Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy