Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who knows how I can rent a room for a month/6 weeks in feb without having my pants pulled down?

Poster: A snowHead
Hello Everybody,

I'm a experienced skier, 3 ski season so far, and have come back from 2 years in the Australian desert where they don't have a word for 'snow'. Im looking to do a partial ski season in Europe (or anywhere for that matter), a month to 6 weeks, early february onwards. I don't want to pay holiday rental prices, but I know it will be difficult to get a longer term place, being for a short term time.

Any suggestions?

Must be cheapish, have a really good park, and plenty of powder skiing. I wont be looking to work, just accomodation.

Anything considered!

Thanks

Joel
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
joel.riley1, February coincides with most of the European countries half-term school break which is why prices may be more expensive.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
if you have a car maybe you could stay a bit further away from the resort. Otherwise you might check out the buses or in 3 valleys Brides les Bains is served by a cable car into Meribel and will be cheaper than any of the main ski villages. Enjoy!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
joel.riley1, if you are flexible with your dates you'd stand more chance of a deal from after New Year to start of school holidays in Feb or after school holidays through to Easter.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You might get something here http://thegasthof.com/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Propaganda in Slovakia should be able to help.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some great ideas so far thanks guys, yes I'm totally flexible with dates but was thinking feb cause its the earliest I can go (might get in a cheeky week in scotland in january though) and wanted a good block of time.

Keep the ideas rolling in!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
joel.riley1, you totally want to miss the French school holidays.

Must admit though, I have no bright ideas. Most people will want holiday rates or full season rates. Find somewhere for the season and rent it weekly to offset?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Find a private zimmer in a smaller Austrian resort. Often very reasonable.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

you totally want to miss the French school holidays

agreed. They include the first week of March but after that till the end of the season would be a good block, with some of the best of the weather and snow and cheaper accommodation prices.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
staying somewhere like http://www.gitelebelvedere.co.uk/ could work out fairly reasonable
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hey for that matter I will suggest Gulmarg. The best place to be for a longer period and with best powder.

6 weeks in Gulmarg will cost you US$2500 aproxx with accommodation, meals and lift passes....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Gulmargbackcountry, a welcome change from Val d'Isere etc. Do you have some photos? Reading this, it certainly sounds different. http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2010/jan/31/ski-kashmir-gulmarg
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@joel.riley1,

Have a look here: http://www.chaletchardons.com/hotel-lodgings.html
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yeah I have photos, but can't find out here how to upload....
snow report
Gulmargbackcountry, see if this helps http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25601
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy