Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Maximum waist width while maintaing good edge to edge performance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i used soul 7's (106mm) last trip in beaver creek and they were fine on piste although there was no sign of ice anywhere just lots of nice fluffy white stuff. Very Happy i think they would have been useless if there was any ice or even hardpack around.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
EuanFraser, how many weeks are you going to ski this season?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1 week. I'm buying skis as I have had bad rental experience and will buy at a cheap price and then resell so it's cheaper or the same price as rentingGämsbock,
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmmmmmmm
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
EuanFraser, chances of a powder day in a weeks holiday are 6:1 maybe less so best go for a good all rounder.
Look for a sub 20 radius, not to stiff.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Hmmmmmmm

+ 1

There are plenty of good rental shops. If you ask on the forum for a recommendation for the resort you are going to I'm sure you'll get helpful replies.

Still growing + 1 week on snow this season really does = renting best IMO. Then you can also pick skis according to the conditions when you arrive.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I found my Nordica 98mm skis are fine even on hard pack. The only time I have lost grip was on icy moguls and on the Schladming WC run just after a race when the blue was still showing through. Swap to 67mm SL skis though and even there you get grip Smile I used my Nordica's for 6 years as my only ski and never suffered. But now I do have the slalom skis too, nominally for purely on piste but I have taken them off the hardpack and still had fun Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
EuanFraser, it's nice to have your own skis, no messing on the first day and you get used to them, I've always had my own stuff, BUT it's an expensive mistake if you don't get on with them, not only the cost of the skis but also the wasted and and frustrating days you can spend trying to get on top of them. I would always recommend try before you buy if you can.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm afraid I can't at the moment as I currently have a pinned broken ankle from rugbyjbob,
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

There are plenty of good rental shops

EuanFraser, I rented very happily between ~1995 and ~2001 in about 10 different resorts because things were changing so fast (having owned skis since about 1973). And I assure you I'm a lot fussier than I imagine you to be...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Flaine skier wrote:
You need at least 4 pairs of skis

Only 4???

What about when you need some rockhoppers?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
zammo, Relegate the last pair and buy new ones Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy