Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva-London Eurostar £58 each way

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The new Eurostar Geneva service is now on sale (apols if this is already on here somewhere, but couldn't find it). Surprisingly, the actual prices for weekend travel in jan/feb are currently at the £58 each way that was originally advertised. This makes it a cheap alternative to easyjet. However, they only seem to sell up to 4 months ahead (about 10 feb at present).

For £32 extra you can upgrade the 4hr TGV leg to first class. Or, for £50+ extra you can upgrade the Eurostar 1 hr journey to premier.

I'm looking forwards to giving this a try at some point, feels like a genuine alternative to flying.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To add some details

£58 each way is the price if you buy both out and return tickets at same time. If booked separately they are £62.50 each. There is a change at Lille. Runs on Sat/Sun/Mon only. One train per day. Problem (I think) is getting to Geneva at 20:16 leaves little option for onward travel that day.

An alternative route is via Paris - takes about the same time, but crossing Paris is a hassle with heavy luggage. At present SNCF have not opened booking for the winter season yet. Once it opens up next week, it will be interesting to see how the via Paris prices compare with the £58 price for the Lille transfer.

Anyone has more details, please add.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AndrewsPeppers, transfer companies will pick you up. Oddly enough, and. I had never considered this before, the various car hire companies are not terribly close to the station.

I think it also runs Thursday.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And was here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=112728

There's a search function you know, snowdave, snowHead

Will be interesting to see take up. I'd consider it for trips back.

Given that Geneva-Paris TGV standard fare is ~€240, I can't see it being attractive as an alternative.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name, Wouldn't it be easier taking the train to the airport for car hire?

It is only 5 minutes on the train and they are pretty frequent, about every 10 minutes.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skichampcouk, that too.except the trains are not that frequent, 15-30 minutes between.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The transfer from Geneva to one of the close resorts on the way out should be straight forward. The bigger problem is the return journey. The train leaves Geneva at 08.30, meaning a very early start from the resort, probably too early for a group transfer.

Still, at prices from £58 well worth considering
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy