Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heated Gloves

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@under a new name, can you let us know what happens to with her outter gloves if she needs to go up a size? Also what the battery life is like? After reading more reviews think I'll go for some extra batteries too. Can't have my new wife with cold hands on our skimoon in Whistler come February!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@xanderajma, will do, we'll see them next weekend.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This year the rich people with cold extremity issues are using hestra electric stuff. They tell me that they work.

Personally I use mitts, generally with down in them. If I'm photographing a lot in cold conditions then I'll use thin gloves in the mitts too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@philwig, but I bet you don't have Raynaud's disease do you?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@xanderajma,

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=115115
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I do not, but the lady using hestra yesterday did, as it happens.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@philwig, there we go snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mrs ansta1, has a pair of gt6 heated gloves as a stocking filler type pressie. Time will tell how effective they are, but gone down well so far.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got back from our week in 3V and have to report that Mrs Mark B's hands were lovely and warm in the Blazewear heated liners. Temperatures were down to -10 at times and wearing them inside her mitts she found them very warm. The batteries lasted about 2hrs on the high setting as advertised. The only problem she found is that it is relatively easy to accidentally adjust the heating level once you have turned them on. She's looking forward to using them in Feb now and has been making noises about heated boot insoles too rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's reassuring to know that they worked well, how warm were they on the lowest setting as they say I should get six hours on this?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rizzotherock, I don't think she used them on the lowest setting for any great length of time so it's impossible to say. However the fact that they lasted 2hs on high as advertised would suggest that their claimed time of 6hrs on the low setting doesn't seem unreasonable. If she tries them on the low setting for an extended period I'll report back on performance.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OH has Raynaud's syndrome (handy when you live in Switz!) but has, AT LAST, got some Hestra heated gloves and they really work. Temperatures down to -15 atm and his hands have never been so warm......oh the relief (for me)!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Here my by 2 pence (cents)

I suffer terribly from cold hands, having used 2 liners plus thick gloves which did not help for more than 3-4hrs

I finally found the following combo works all day long. Liner, plus good gloves (50-£70 price range) and the ducathlon overglove. The overglove is thin and large, this limits the temperature surrounding the glove.

At no point can the inner glove be removed outside, if one needs to use a phone, I bought a cheap stylus tied to a string on my jacket to operate touch phone. This rule is a make or break.

Much cheaper and more reliable than expensive heater gloves.

Lastly is to keep a warm core, base layer, fleece, jacket.

For feet, after finally buying boots that fit well (not too loose or too tight), I never suffered from cold feet (although I carry feet warmers with me just in case)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy