Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair still sh*te!

Poster: A snowHead
chocksaway, Hi, thanks! Nope, just got fed up the same old stuff Laughing
Nice to missed by the way! Hope all's well in your neck of the woods.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have praised Ryanair in an earlier post ("Thank god for Ryanair!") even though I too have had problems with them in the past. It seems that most people deriding Ryanair on this thread appear to be upset about their appalling customer service (or lack of it), but I think that anyone coming up against any employees of airlines & airports will always lose out as they know that we are at their mercy and we will put up with virtually anything to get onto that flight. Has anyone complained about the customer service or attitudes of staff with other airlines and got a good result (won their argument)?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In the interest of fairness I flew with them last week and have to say it wasn't too bad! The plane I was in had the bus style ads removed and just that made it feel a bit better. The crew were helpful and polite too. Coffee was good. Not much for me to complain about anyway.

As for the current check-in arrangement I agree it is frustrating and 7 days means that for most trips you have to find a PC & printer whilst abroad which isn't always easy. But in my mind this is fair enough as one big selling point of upgrading is being able to pick & choose freely. Having auto allocation early on would mean you're choice would be very limited having paid more. Though perhaps they could release half of the seats early to get round this. But business is business and as bitter as it may be if you don't like it don't use it!

I have to say the app is the best of the bunch and, although Ive not put it to the test, it is all you need to check in and get onto the plane as it contains you're boarding card.

On the basis of my last trip I would happily fly with them again. They are getting better. Yes the seats did not recline and yes they departed from the least convenient terminal but they were just 2/3rds of the cost of any other 'budget' airline.

Luckily we were late arriving so they didn't have a chance to play that bloody tune though!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Foxtrotzulu, You don't seem to have grasped that I love the low-cost flight concept but I feel Ryanair's model when it comes to a reasonable customer service is being thrashed by the others. I thought my most recent experience was a typical pathetic Ryanair attempt to earn a little bit more money even though it meant inconveniencing me. I did pay the extra fiver but I had to spend time entering payment details again, finding the hidden 'no insurance' option, saying no to hotels, luggage and car hire all over again. In short, they 'p*ssed me off' for a fiver! Surely you would have understood this if you have read previous posts.
And as for it costing them more to make things easier for customers, I can't see why it would. It would be easy for them to do, but they'd rather p*ss someone off for a fiver. That is the Ryanair way. That is why I think they are still sh*te. I appreciate others think that everything they do to customers is acceptable, but I know that many others agree with me. If Ryanair could just try that bit harder to stop treating customers as idiots then they would have even more customers.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skichampcouk wrote:
Mr Marmot, I think they are changing for the better, I have flown with them pretty regularly over the last 4 years and have noticed an improvement in their attitude to passengers.
In my recent experience their customer service has been far superior than that I have received from Easyjet and I usually arrive earler than scheduled with Ryanair and later than scheduled with Easyjet.

I assume they have started charging people to book a seat to encourage them to start using their boarding pass app on a mobile (not that I have used it yet).
For me it's not been a problem finding a printer to use when away from home but for most people it is likely to be more hassle, finding a wifi connection is usually a lot simpler so it is relatively easy to check in and create your boarding pass on a mobile.

I'm pleased to hear someone can see an improvement, skichampcouk. Hopefully they will get better for everyone in the future.
I'm aware of the boarding pass app. but I'm loathe to use it until I'm sure Ryanair have some compassion for customers with problems. I can just imagine how they will currently respond to a customer who has had his phone (with boarding pass) stolen whilst abroad or the battery dying as you reach the gate! I'm sure they would see such circumstances as a nice little earner!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cammyammy, They've even changed that bloody tune (we were 10 minutes early on Friday night), it is not a blaring trumpet anymore just a naff, non-descript tune now.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Has anyone complained about the customer service or attitudes of staff with other airlines and got a good result (won their argument)?

Well yes. I had an argument with swiss air a few years ago (I seemed to have them every time I flew with them) about excess baggage charge. Since my checked in baggage was over weight I wanted to move some books from my checked baggage to my carry on bag. The checkin clerk was dead against it (perhaps she was on a bonus for every passenger she could get to pay extra) Eventually she relented when I pointed out the passenger behind me was probably over 40kg heavier than me.

Actually I hate having anything in my carry on bag and I much prefer everything to go into the hold. My flying model would be checked baggage goes free, carry on baggage is charged for.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So to summarise this (and all previous) Ryanair threads - if you don't like them (I don't), don't use them (I don't), and if you do - that's fine.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
and if you try to use them, and they try to screw you over in the booking procedure, and try to sneakily charge you an extra fiver for something you didn't check... then don't complain or try to warn people, because they made fares come down 15 years ago
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
andy wrote:
and if you try to use them, and they try to screw you over in the booking procedure, and try to sneakily charge you an extra fiver for something you didn't check... then don't complain or try to warn people, because they made fares come down 15 years ago

Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnE wrote:
My flying model would be checked baggage goes free, carry on baggage is charged for.

It could reduce the delays caused having to put hand luggage in the hold as there is no room in the cabin.
I think O'Leary could make that work. He could charge for speedy baggage & ensure other hold baggage was delayed or lost.
Passengers could be weighed along with hand luggage & charged according which would be fair enough as more weight means more fuel required.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The charm offensive seems to be working, profits up by 32% in the 6 months up to September.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/ryanair-good-nice-passengers-095902664.html

Even Michael O'Leary seems to think being nice to passengers is now a good thing (although less likely to generate significant free publicity)

Mr O'Leary added: "It's a new-found experience I must admit for me, but if it works this well I wish I'd been nicer to our customers much earlier. It's better late than never.

"We've been listening to our customers in the last 12 months … I think this being nicer to customers is really a new and winning strategy for me and Ryanair."
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Why am I feeling cynical and can't help thinking Mr O'leary is being sarcastic?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

carry on baggage is charged for

Right, so I'm going to trust my laptop, SLR & lenses, essential medication to the muppets who are throwing baggage around in and out of holds and on and off of ramps and just sit there twiddling my thumbs for a whole flight minus books, ipad, etc.

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I fly quite a few times a year with Ryanair.
I read the terms and follow their instructions.
I read the website and process the instructions accordingly.
I have never had a problem with the airline as IMO I have always followed the published rules and regs.

Now Ryanair allow a carry-on bag and also another hand/shopping bag (like most other airlines)

January - return flights from Stansted to Salzburg are about £50 return.
It cost me £45 to get from London City to Margate, Kent (75 miles).

If the rules and regs were stealthy or hidden then I would get narked but they aren't.
latest report
I'm currently doing battle with Ryanair. A flight with them was delayed by about 5 hours during the summer. Under EU rules I'm entitled to around £230 compensation. They have tried to wriggle out of it saying that technical faults are 'extraordinary circumstances' and they don't have to pay. This is despite the appeal court ruling otherwise. Now the UK Supreme Copurt has confirmed this so I can't help feeling Ryanair don't have a leg to stand on. It will be interesting to see if they finally pay up. On the one hand I can't help feeling a tad sorry for them as they will end up paying hundreds of pounds in compensation to people who have paid £20 for a ticket. Then again, it IS Ryanair and for me the real issue is that they are an absolute stickler for enforcing the T&Cs so it's only fair to do the same to them.
snow conditions
FTZ - "Then again, it IS Ryanair and for me the real issue is that they are an absolute stickler for enforcing the T&Cs so it's only fair to do the same to them. "
Of course it is. And I don't know why anyone would feel sorry for Ryanair - they set their own pricing and manage their own costs and seem to do nicely out of it.

Of course their general approach seems to be "you only paid £20, what did you expect? Take your complaint and shove it up your ...." which might be fair enough if other airlines didn't offer close to the same prices with better customer service and backup if things go wrong...

I'm going away for a long weekend in Jan and paying 60 quid all in LHR-GVA return with Swiss. To fly pursuade me to fly Ryanair from Stanstead wouldn't just have required a cheaper fare, they'd have had to pay me. I'm not exaggerating.
latest report
I had a very bad experience with Ryanair a good few years back before they offered online check in (and a not so bad but not great experience the only time I used them before that). They'd overbooked and wouldn't let a queue of about 30 (all unrelated to each other) of us on a flight and shut check in early. Needless to say we decided not to travel with them again. This was until last week when we the place we wanted to go to didn't have very many other flight options for us.

I must say the whole experience this time was pretty painless and went pretty well. I think the allocated seat/online check in has made a difference. We took cabin bags but were asked to place them in the hold at no cost, which was no big deal really (apart from delaying us by about 15 mins getting out of the airport to get home - on the way out the bags were going round the carousel when we got there).

I would still prefer to use other airlines if I can, but wouldn't go out of my way to not use them any more.

Still couldn't help wetting myself watching a Flemish film on Sunday night where 3 disabled men go on a road trip to a brothel in Spain. They get busted by their parents who suggests they fly home... one of them shouts out "f*ck Ryanair". Laughing
snow conditions
flangesax wrote:
I fly quite a few times a year with Ryanair.
I read the terms and follow their instructions.
I read the website and process the instructions accordingly.
I have never had a problem with the airline as IMO I have always followed the published rules and regs.

Now Ryanair allow a carry-on bag and also another hand/shopping bag (like most other airlines)

January - return flights from Stansted to Salzburg are about £50 return.
It cost me £45 to get from London City to Margate, Kent (75 miles).

If the rules and regs were stealthy or hidden then I would get narked but they aren't.

+1
I fly a return with Ryanair once month and have done for 7 years, no problems at all. Unlike Emirates Business Class which was a disaster
latest report
Last time I looked at Ryanair for the Stansted-Salzburg flight, about 3-4 years ago, I patiently checked each day for the release of the flights so as to get the cheapest price.. And it worked: one day the flights were available and was quoted an unbelievable £0.99 each way! Imagine my joy...
And imagine my disappointment as by the time I added a bag and snowboard to check in (can't fit all my gear in one 15kg bag..) and all teh taxes were added the price was... £176!!
Which wasn't competitive..

I don't like using Ryanair but will on those few occasions where it makes sense. But I just don't fit their business model: usually travelling as a family of 4, for trips that are mostly 7+ days long, with no secondary residence at the destination and/or with snow equipment to take, means that almost always get ridiculously stung on bagages... And usually, other airlines offer me a better or equivalent price with a better all round experience.
I suppose I could force my family to live 10 days on a cabin bag worth of closing/toilettries etc but already for us it spoils the holiday experience to have to faff about with this..
snow report
I don't know why people still use these budget airlines, the class of people on Ryanair and sleazyjet are a disgrace in my opinion Laughing
snow report
@Smokin Joe, there have been a huge number of times when the budget airlines have been the only options for going to and from the locations that I have needed. Under those situations I guess I have been and shall continue to be a disgraceful class of person Confused

NB. Also, credit where it's due. I flew EJ last week and needed some help with baggage on the return trip. They actually had a phone number that I could call in the UK staffed by real people who understood what I needed and upped my baggage allowance for a very reasonable £21 rather than the colossal amount I would have been charged in the airport. I was entirely impressed with their support on that occasion.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 5-11-14 20:36; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
-budget
+no frills
latest report
@Megamum, I am one of those people....some of us have no choice. It's easyjet or Ryanair......hence the Laughing at the end of the sentence !
snow conditions
@Smokin Joe, Ah! I see, my apologies and Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy