Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tombola La Bombola 2014

Poster: A snowHead
That was an exciting day, the tension waiting to see if Snowheadsteve would appear was palpable. Thanks to Admin and the team, who ran a really enjoyable event and not forgetting the sponsors who provided the amazing prizes'. In particular to Whitedot who are, I'm told going to give me a set of their much sought after skis. What a fantastic prize!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm a winner?
If so can I have the Cross Rider 22 Back Pack.

Many thanks and congratulations to all the winners..
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Awesome - thank you!! I like being on standby =) what an amazing prize draw. Congrats to all the other winners!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@chasey67, sorry, thet's already been chosen.
The choice of prize is given in order of the draw and you're 26th out of 30 so I'm afraid you're options are unlikely to be many and varied.
But hey, it's something for free snowHead

ATM We're just waiting for #20 robnic to tell us what he wants.
Nearly there!

I feel like Santamin.
I don't know how the real Santa does it!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@hydrox, send me a PM with you phone and I'll give you a call to help talk you through what ski will best fit your needs.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Neeeeeeearly there...

Only 3 prizes left to assign, just waiting for #27 djm1983 now and everybody will be sorted snowHead

The winners are:
An Austrian Adventures chalet holiday for up to 13 people ! (s/c with option to upgrade to catered) OR a week for 2 catered jc99
A fully catered week's chalet holiday for two with Ice & Fire in Paradiski snowheadsteve
A SnowCoach short break for 2 to St Gervais or Valmeinier mouseonskis
A pair of Whitedot skis (traditional construction) of your choice (with option to upgrade to CarbonLite) hydrox
A pair of Armada Declivity Touring/Freeride Skis, 184cm dayday13
A pair of Salomon X-Drive 80 All Mountain skis (inc bndings), 170cm madmole
A pair of Erbacher White Cat skis, 160cm genevan
Scott Air Free AlpRide Avalanche Airbag Backpack from Edge&Wax stusno
A week's ski hire for 2 any time this winter from Alpinresorts t0wers
Rambla Gloves from Black Diamond ianbaxter1959@live.co.uk
Rambla Gloves from Black Diamond adam.adm (large)
Rambla Gloves from Black Diamond bangersandmash
Rambla Gloves from Black Diamond ntownsend
Medium Black Womens Polar Shift Mid-Layer, from Trew Gear robnic
A Man's or Woman's Yed jacket, 100% stormproof, from Didrikson (MENS PLEASE) mireson
A pair of the new Superfeet Carbon ski footbeds from Solutions4Feet AlskiH
A Forcefield Curve Back Protector from Ellis Brigham MrsNoWeeble
A pair of protective shorts from Ellis Brigham Stuboy
Smith I/O Goggles from Sports-Outlet Andy06
A pair of Ortovox Swiss wool Freeride Leather Gloves from SnowShepherd mani
A pair of Head Supershape Vario Carbon Adjustable poles from SnowCore Wildsmith
An All Mountain CrossRider22 Backpack from Ortovox jezza123
A Man or Woman's PhD SmartLoft Divide midlayer zip jacket from smartwool mrs_musher
Zaini Luxury Beanie Hat chasey67
Zaini headband gallabar
A snowHeads fleece Boredsurfing
a snowHeads T- Shirt Nightcap (Again! she's got the luck of a leprechaun that one!)

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 18-12-14 17:29; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@admin, pssst, never mention a ladies' clothes size Wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Haha. Replied now! My list was optimistic for #27 Wink thanks
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@hydrox, great speaking to you. Will try and get a shiny new pair of Preachers dispatched tomorrow once with nailed some binding options for you.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
tiffin wrote:
@admin, pssst, never mention a ladies' clothes size Wink
Oops! Embarassed
Corrected now - Nightcap would kill me if she knew I'd told the world she's an XXXL t-shirt size!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great stuff folks, Many thanks to the organizers and prize providers
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

A pair of Head Supershape Vario Carbon Adjustable poles from SnowCore Wildsmith

Thanks Admin that is a unbelievably great competiotin - 25th prize that!...thank you SnowCore...thanky you Head...sniff...thank you God for making Carbon (nice one)...blub....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@admin, about as accurate as me describing you as a skinhead wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
congrats to the winners. and good job for the admin putting together this chest of booty..... .
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's been quite a hectic week.
I think that's everything dispatched now, apart from Boredsurfing who has daringly gone away to the mountains without his new snowHeads fleece Shocked (lucky there's no snow Wink)
snow report
thanks to all the prize givers and @admin, maybe next year will be my year... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
admin wrote:
It's been quite a hectic week.
I think that's everything dispatched now, apart from Boredsurfing who has daringly gone away to the mountains without his new snowHeads fleece Shocked (lucky there's no snow Wink)

Ha snowHead
latest report
Well done to all the winners and happy new year!
latest report
Thanks for my prize and for all the hard work in organising the Tombola. I nearly missed out as I was busy sampling Gluhwein etc at the Christmas markets in Vienna, and not checking my emails. I ended up with a very worthwhile prize although I was drawn 29th.
ski holidays
Just received the Smartwool mid layer jacket and it is fabulous, great colour too !
Seriously nice jacket as it has merino in the fabric of the non quilted bit and is very light Smile
Thanks to everyone !
latest report
@Fraulein Glockenspiel,
snow conditions
Just want to thank Whitedot again for the brilliant prize they gave and for helping me chose which skis to opt for. I ended up getting a pair of Preachers and I must say I had a blast skiing on them, they are serious fun.
ski holidays
So where's this years' bitch n moanfest, season of ill will and epic flounceo shambola? wink
latest report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
So where's this years' bitch n moanfest, season of ill will and epic flounceo shambola? wink

Toofy Grin Laughing
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, a rather significant family crisis has been unfolding over the past few weeks which has required my direct attention. Meanwhile I don't have anyone to help with the significant quantity of grunt work the TLB requires, so it's on hiatus this year and you'll have to put up with the more typical offerings of the Competitions thread Wink

Don't worry though, the Tombola La Bombola may appear to have flounceod off, but they never stay away for long Wink
ski holidays
Hey no problem I only enter for the whining and the stropping anyway.
latest report
@Dave of the Marmottes, I'm sure it won't be a problem finding something else to whine and strop about!
@admin, Hope the family crisis resolves itself without too much pain for everyone involved. xx
ski holidays
+1
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+2
ski holidays
This thread resurrection prompted me to search out my prize - a snowHeads fleece, I had mislaid it it during our house move, it is excellent. Thanks again Admin, I hope your troubles are resolved soon.
snow report
Quote:

but they never stay away for long

nagdamit
latest report
You're welcome @boredsurfin: wear it well Wink
Actually, I think I'm probably due a new one this season... I hope I've got one in my size Confused

While I'm here, I'd like to say that it was, my lack of time/availability/brain power to do the TLB properly that made it infeasible and certainly not through lack of prizes.
Haus flangesax has been as supportive of the Tombola La Bombola as ever: thoroughly decent snowHead[s] running a thoroughly friendly guest house who thoroughly deserve your custom because they'll make sure you have a thoroughly good time snowHead
latest report
Tombola La Bombola 2014

Have I missed the year?

Shocked
ski holidays
It's like the end of Bullseye...

This is the 'This is what you could've won!' thread!
snow conditions
Quote:

Haus flangesax has been as supportive of the Tombola La Bombola as ever: thoroughly decent snowHead[s] running a thoroughly friendly guest house who thoroughly deserve your custom because they'll make sure you have a thoroughly good time
Hear hear!
Toofy Grin
latest report
BUMP

Given tis clearly the season for grinchfest where's this year's Shambola where undeserving newbies pocket the prizez and socks enter and people strop off only to reemerge occasionally under a cunning alliarse?

OK basically I'm hoping to make moaning about a lack of Tombola an annual tradition wink
ski holidays
At this point I'd like to boast that my Skiing with Ali Ross DVD has been watched, many times Wink
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes,

Dave that's harsh, @Mireson has been the font of knowledge and did a great trip report.
snow conditions
@Jc99 won the holiday and they post more than Pam/Hellsbells combined.

Anyway I won the lottery this week so that's my Karma balanced.
latest report
For the avoidance if doubt I don't care about who won - it's kinda the point of running a competition to get new people to sign up/harvest email addresses but every year some people seemed to have some sort of issue that your chances of winning weren't proportional to your post count.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy