Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pre- Chirstmas week ideas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi: we like to go on a pre Christmas week trip on super low budget with my (grown up) kids.

Last year we drove down to St Gervais and we had to go looking for snow (mid December) which was fine, we found it in Chamonix, Avoriaz and then St Gervais opened up for the last few days before Xmas (we loved Les Contamines too).

This year we are looking at 13-20th December or so. We loved St Gervais as it was a "real" town and prices were reasonable BUT we are looking to go somewhere different. So looking for somewhere inexpensive but hopefully a good bet for snow with some nightlife and likely to have cheap apartments for rent pre Xmas - e.g. £300 for 4-5pp. So not Meribel or Courch in other words! We are boarders. I was thinking of Val Thorens but we havent been. Also saw some places at Les Menuires but dont know it. Any ideas welcome please. Snowpark a bonus, early season ski-pass deals also desirable in the area!

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les menuires and val thorens are resort villages. Never stayed in myself but brides les baines and bourg St Maurice are proper towns if you fancy Tarentaise skiing?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pm sent
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks we have stayed in brides with skiweekends before and thought they were a great company, but its long old ride up to meribel on the old olympic gondolas (30 mins i think). We havent looked at Bourg though, so will research that now, great idea, thanks sounds like an interesting possibility, but just trying to work out how much of a hassle getting up to altitude from there and whether its going to be likely to have snow early.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
funicular to arc1600 is pretty quick, guess it depends how long it take to get to the funicular
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks, yes that was a great idea. I can see apartments in Bourg on ownerdirect and airbnb for a good price. but also in Les Arcs 1800, am trying to decide whether it would be better to be up the mountain or not? If its a low snow year then I am guessing we will have to do funicular to arc 1600 and then keep going higher, so could take a while each day? On the other hand as we have a car we can drive elsewhere (last year we drive to avoriaz for example).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ninthtoe, you might find nightlife a bit limited that early. Not enough visitors to have places really jumping. Many (maybe most) french resorts will be closed that week.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ninthtoe, the ride up the funicular from Bourg is only 7 minutes and runs about every 20 minutes - the drive would take longer. If you rent your gear from the Polaire Star shop right next to the funi you can leave it there for free overnight, and so just walk up to the funi in your normal shoes. If you have your own stuff you can pay them to store it for you overnight and do the same. I can't remember how much it was but I don't think it was expensive. There are also lockers at the top of the funi in Arc 1600. There would have to be a serious snow problem for you not to be able to ski back down to Arc 1600 that week - there are snow cannons to make artificial snow for the lower runs.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy