Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

The missus and I are off to Whistler in January for our honeymoon. Flights all booked to Vancouver and we will spend 7 days in Whistler. The only place we have ever been skiing is 3 Vallées so could use some advice, mainly with regards to recommending accommodation...

Any help greatly appreciated!!

~Mac
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All down to your budget I'm afraid. We've stayed in the Fairmont Chateau / Sundial Boutique & Westin. The Westin is the only one we wouldn't return to (too corporate). Loads of choice though. The WB website is excellent where you can review all options and book through.

Wherever you stay you will have an amazing time.

PM me if you want specific information.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SnowMonkey69, thanks for the suggestions.

I'll take a look at the website!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mac22, if you prefer not being in a hotel, there's a central reservations service for apartments. Allura or something like that.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We used Allura for condos in Village North. Lovely hot-tub on the deck, jacuzzi bathrooms and fireplaces.
http://www.alluradirect.com/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've just been looking at a few places in Whistler Village. Do we need to be in that area for access to slopes or is it easy to get around from other areas of the resort..?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We prefer Blackcomb as it's quieter. But, Whistled Village is only a 5 min walk away. Be aware that whilst Creekside has some nice accommodation, it's bus/taxi to the Village.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mac22 wrote:
I've just been looking at a few places in Whistler Village. Do we need to be in that area for access to slopes or is it easy to get around from other areas of the resort..?

check a map before you book anywhere. you don't need to be in Whistler Village itself, but Whistler is quite a sprawl now so you could find yourself a very long way from the lifts. less likely to be an issue for hotels and obviously touristy condo developments, but if you are looking at a private rental beware
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A few years since we went Mac22, but we had a great stay at a self catering condo at Market Place Lodge. Very spacious, as all Nth American places tend to be:

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/reservations/v_1291/mg_1/Marketplace-Lodge-Whistler-Retreats-.detail

Handily placed for all amenities and a pleasant stroll through the village to the lifts.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
>>Do we need to be in that area for access to slopes or is it easy to get around from other areas of the resort..?

It's easy to get around. Well, it depends what you mean. There are local buses which run from about 06:00 through late and will get you to places tourists don't go. They cost a dollar or two; can't remember, they're cheap.

There are also central shuttle buses which will get you (say) from the base of Whistler to the base of Blackcomb, or between the hotels at one end of the resort and the other. Those are free and will deposit you (say) at the base of Whistler where the blood wagons are taken off (there are bus shelters there, useful for protection when the gondolas fall off). IIRC they run the lift between Blackcome base and Whistler base in the evening, Creekside is further away from the village and you'll need a bus to get there. The village part of the highway is generally clear.

So for the main hotels, well ask the hotel people, but broadly you can stay anywhere and central access is trivial if you don't mind using free buses. If you insist on walking only, then you probably want to be right in Whistler Village, in which case pick a hotel there. In the centre it's the opposite: walking is easy, everything else isn't. So if you bring a car the hotel may well charge you to park it there.

I'm trying to think of a European Analogy. It's a bit like Val d'Isere in that you can stay right in the centre, but you do have shouty drunken brits to deal with, or you can stay out at La Daille (?) for a quieter life, but you're going to need to use the bus to go out at night. Pretty much everywhere is easy enough for slope access, other than apartments but you'd probably not use those if you didn't have a vehicle.

I've stayed in various places (when someone else was paying), but mostly I stay with friends so I'm not an expert on the specific accommodation quality etc. The chances are you get what you pay for. Places that have been recently re-fit are generally extremely good value.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Stayed Pan Pacific Village twice. -fantastic accommodation and you can use the ski room at their other (mountainside) hotel. Can absolutely recommend it.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
coast blackcomb for me , back there again next feb . Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
f1l wrote:
coast blackcomb for me , back there again next feb . Very Happy Very Happy

+1
Good ski in/out location (quieter than being smack in the village), has free bus to Whistler village, can just about get there from the magic chair (which stays open quite late if you have a load of beers at Merlins!) or Blackcomb Gondola.
Would stay there more often but my truck doesn't fit in the parking Sad

For places in the village, quite like the Pinnacle for good value/location.
Agree with above point on the Westin, very handy location but nothing special.

Wherever you are, don't bring a car as overnight parking is crazy expensive, and you don't really need it. Besides you don't really want to have to drive the sea to sky highway in the winter after a 10 hour flight

lynnecha wrote:
Stayed Pan Pacific Village twice. -fantastic accommodation and you can use the ski room at their other (mountainside) hotel. Can absolutely recommend it.

It might be a bit noisy there though as it is right in the centre of the village. Of the two Pan Pacifics, if it was me I'd stay in the Pan Pacific Mountainside instead.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy