Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soldeu 11th Dec 2005

Poster: A snowHead
Good conditions throughout Soldeu el Tarter, and as of today the mobs of Spaniards have just gone home and back to work, after nearly a week off for 2 major fiestas. Avet & Slalom runs are not open due to lack of snow depth but the cannons are in use at night. Brilliant sun all day but very chilly. tomorrow we will check out Pas de la Casa & Grau Roig Smile The Canadians (CSIA) are here running courses, and have been having a ball in the fresh powder that was falling most days last week.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dypcdiver, keep the reports coming !
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only 76 days to go - keep up with the reports, looks good on the webcam! snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quattro, where are you staying and have you been before ? I may have some top tips !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ok, we have now been over to Pas and can report that the runs feeding into the resort are in really good condition, however at the top some of the runs have a few pebbles coming to the surface due to the piste bashers churning them up. I suspect that the wind has caused the upper regions to be a bit on the thin side. To be honest conditions are really good for this early in the season, I would not advise going off piste until there has been a further dump. Fingers crossed. snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Paul, We are staying in the Hotel EuroSki in Soldeu - 4 star looks great on the website although I know it isn't right in the centre. We have been to Andorra before staying in a small club hotel in El Tarter about 5 years ago. Remember Andorra being really cheap when we were last there bought all sorts of kit like boots etc. Is it still so cheap? Remember some decent bars like Pussy Cat and Fat Alberts have any more opened since?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quattro, still the same as it was five years ago. The prices have gone up a bit.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quattro, I would advise against buying kit in the village, it is very bad for the health of your wallet! Sad a good source is just down the road from El Tarter a large shop opposite the Caves Meson (not sure of the spelling) you can pick up some real good deals especially if you are prepared to buy last years gear. Andorra is suposed to be duty free but it is not greed free Mad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quattro, if you havent booked skis etc yet try this

http://www.snowrental.net/index.html

they are cheaper than TO and paying on the day you arrive.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm staying at the EuroSKi too in mid-feb. Scouting about for reviews, what few I've seen seem favourable. I've also used the ski-rental site too & Paul is right, much cheaper. We'll see how good the service is when we pickup our skis. 62 days & counting....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Eeyore - yeah only managed to find two reviews on http://www.tripadvisor.com would be interested to know if you have found anything different - but it sounds good. I've checked out the snow rental site and the prices are significantly cheaper that what the Tour Operator quoted me. (£33.94 compared to £55 Airtours quoted x party of 9 - some saving!). Thanks for the advice guys! Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Eeyore, Quattro, dont worry about the ski hire shop. Ski Calbo is the main shop in the village (at the gondola station) and all the Tour Ops use them anyway.

I dont know if Dypcdiver, can shed any light on this but Calbo seems to own the village. The name is on most places, shops, bars, ski hire, ski lockers.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Paul Mason, Yes your right, when I started coming here Josep(senior brother of the 3) was a ski instructor and his father was a farmer, who owned much of the land around this area. However from time to time all the brothers still turn their hands to feeding the animals in the sheds up by the Pussey Cat, but the development of the resort has been heavily funded by the banks and with that has come the need for serious profit (read excess/greed)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Paul Mason wrote:
Eeyore, Quattro, dont worry about the ski hire shop. Ski Calbo is the main shop in the village (at the gondola station) and all the Tour Ops use them anyway.

Except, Paul, if you're staying at the EuroSki 'cos they have their own ski rental shop in the hotel! Not a piddly little thing either, like a lot of advertised in house stuff is.

This is the EuroSki:

I have others from when we stayed there in Feb '04... I'll search them out if anyone's interested?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Michelle - nothing I have read mentions the shop inside the hotel so thanks for that. Yeah more pics would be much appreciated!

Tony (Quattro)
ski holidays
Eyeore, Quattro,

stayed there March 05

Great hotel, big rooms and very clean.

Tips
Hotel bus goes to El tarter, no problems but don't expect to go to Soldeu on it to get hire stuff etc.
Take a million forms of id - i ran out. you will need to deposit one to get ski pass and one to get lift pass and the hotel will keep hold of your passport for the first day.
Don't bother with the internal ski-hire place - go to http://www.snowrental.net/index.html as advised as they are mega cheep but you get the same equip as everyone else.
Meals are buffet and good but on the first day get up early as everyone arrives at the same time for breakfast so there was a huge queue - try to beat it - get there half an hour before it opens - take a book. 2nd day onwards everyone stays in bed so you can go done at opening time and walk straight in.

The walk up and it is up to Soldeu takes about 20mins but is about 4eur if you can get a taxi to stop - they dont like stopping for short fares. The resort ski bus runs hourly.

if you have specific questions please ask.

HE

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 22-12-05 14:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
hobbiteater wrote:

The walk up and it is up to Soldeu takes about 20mins but is about 4eur if you can get a taxi to stop - they bdont like stopping for short fares. The resort ski bus runs hourly.

HE - thanks for the info very useful. Just to clarify when you say resort ski bus do you mean the public transport bus (I remember this from my stay in El Tarter '02) or do you mean the bus operated by the hotel. If not how often does the hotel bus run and also does it take you to el tarter or soldeu? Did you find the transport thing a problem with the hotel being a little way out?

One final point is the bar in the hotel good - some things I have read sya it has its own apres ski bar or is this just referring to a normal bar.

Thanx Q.
latest report
Sorry would help if I read posts properly before replying! So hotel bus goes to el tarter ........ therefore question is between what times and how frequently?

Thanx. rolling eyes
snow report
when we were there there was two transit van type minibuses that ran continuously in a a chain. in the moring they waited at the hotel, from about 2 thay waited at the lift in el tarter.

bar when we were there was just a normal hotel bar frequented only by people staying at the hotel anyway 1ltr 12 year glenfiddich special is only Eur18 up in soldeu
snow report
7 weeks to go & can't wait. booked to pick up skis in Soldeu, planning on hiring a ski locker (at the main gondola station) for the week. Decided wanted Soldeu as base because apres ski better there (not that I'm a lush or anything Little Angel Little Angel ) Also, if decide to walk back to hotel rather than wait for hourly bus or grab taxi at least it's down hill. Has anyone tried the Calbo spa yet? Looks like could be an option midweek to ease the muscles.
ski holidays
7 weeks to go & can't wait. booked to pick up skis in Soldeu, planning on hiring a ski locker (at the main gondola station) for the week. Decided wanted Soldeu as base because apres ski better there (not that I'm a lush or anything Little Angel Little Angel ) Also, if decide to walk back to hotel rather than wait for hourly bus or grab taxi at least it's down hill. Has anyone tried the Calbo spa yet? Looks like could be an option midweek to ease the muscles.
latest report
grandvalira has had 40cms in last 24 hours by the way.
snow report
Paul Mason wrote:
grandvalira has had 40cms in last 24 hours by the way.

keep it snowing please. we will be there in 27 days snowHead snowHead snowHead
have ski's will travel..
snow conditions
7 weeks also - let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
snow conditions
More snow due over the weekend and the hoards will be leaving after Kings (6th Jan) Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Snow forecast says that there is a decent bit of snow falling this weekend until Monday+. I'm arriving to Soldeu on Sun 15th January. Any on the ground news on whether this is falling and what the conditions are like?

Thanks

Kevin
snow report
It has snowed like CRAZY. Conditions are good, although some of the lower runs in Soldeu have patches of stones. Take rental skis Smile

Cannons are also being employed to cover up any patches that don't get snowed on.

Conditions are great, shame the resort(s) aren't up to much Sad
snow report
Michelle - any chance of those extra pics of EuroSki.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy