Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot Dryers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone tried these?

Dryzone Boot Dryers

Quote:
The Dampire® DZ-DRYZONE™ is a non-electric boot and kit drying system which requires no heat or effort to use. The system is easily and quickly regenerated after several successive applications.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yup..... they are absolutely fantastic! My feet and hands sweat like mad leaving boots and gloves soaked by the end of the day. Without the dryzone I just could not get things dried out overnight, with them, it isnt a problem. Im hoping for another pair actually in my xmas stocking!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Right, that's antother Christmas present sorted - thanks!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd prefer the plug in ones personally, warm boots are nice. I've even got some in the car now so I can put warm boots on each morning.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's good to hear that the Dryzone stuff actually works, might get some as well.
ise,
Quote:

I'd prefer the plug in ones personally, warm boots are nice. I've even got some in the car now so I can put warm boots on each morning.

I like the plug in boot warmers too, though I don't feel the need to have my boots warmed up in the car, are you a wuss Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Slightly off topic but close:

Will my 230V/50Hz Thermic boot warmers work in the US (120V/60Hz)?

I'm presuming that with a suitable adaptor they will, but they won't get that hot (?).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderjon,

This is why i like the passive driers instead of powered. You cannot use a simple adaptor to do what you ask. If the PSU was rated to do both, then it would only be a matter of adapting the plug, but you would need a transformer which could be costly and a pain to carry with you.

Even if the wiring was such that you could 'get away with it', it would be a bad idea.... if something went wrong and a fire started, you could find your insurance foreited (scaremongering but you get the jist!).

WRT the dryzone- they are simply well packaged bags of silica gel. If you were keen to save a few pennies, you could easily make yourself some with a some material, silica gel and a needle and thread

Adam
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
buns, Simple solution. I'll buy another, but this time the US version Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon, if you're not packing it back, for the same money, consider the PEET's wader dryer models. Those should be available locally at hunt & hiking shops, so no need to order ahead.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon wrote:
buns, Simple solution. I'll buy another, but this time the US version Cool

Just make sure that following trips you take the right one with you! snowHead

Adam
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We have home made electric boot dryers, basically consisting of a PC fan, a tupperware type box and two lengths of washing machine hoses.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon, the hotel we're staying in for the academy has bootwarmers there for us!
When we're down in SLC, then you might need them.
What I tend to do is just bring the boots into the room, and put a fan on them. The warmth of the room dries and heats them.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy