Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Risoul?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is an intriguing resort which I very rarely hear about. Acccording to the Ski Club its popularity amongst us Brits has fallen in recent years.

It looks rather large and CHEAP though, so it's gotten my attention!

Any advice from those who have been?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hello snowheads, first post from me. hope its vaguely usefull. I went to Risoul for a week at easter 2004. I think one of the reasons it is less popular than other places is that it is quite far from any airports, though i may be wrong. It took us a long, long time to get there on a coach. however, overall it was worth the journey, I personally had a great time there and would definitely recommend it. architecturally the resort is no oil painting, but much nicer than some of the concrete horrors in the french alps. the ski area is large and i would think has something for pretty much everyone though it is possibly lacking in challenges for real experts. Having said that i didnt really do any off piste so my opinions only really apply to the groomed stuff. the only thing that put our group off was the relatively high proportion of drag lifts which some off the boarders struggled with; they were long, steep, fast, icy, and went round practically 90degree corners! i havent fallen off a drag lift since i was about ten... anyway i digress, it is well worth a trip, and is probably a bit nicer than most of the french mega resorts. ask if you have any more specific questions, will do my best
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
moot_point, because its large and cheap it may put people off - but not me.

I havent been to Risoul but have been to one of its neighbours Les Orres. Excellent skiing and quiet slopes - no queues when we were there. The transfer is the possible downfall. We flew to Lyon from Newcastle and it was a bit of a trek but the time was worth the rewards.

I agree with malcolm, its worth a trip.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
malcolm, welcome to snowHeads snowHead .
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
malcolm, Welcome to Snowheads Smile Always fancied Risoul something my gran used to cook when we were little people, if you go please feedback to us Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went a few years ago in early January and found the whole place deathly quiet. Ski-ing wise it is okay, but I agree it perhaps lacks the challenge that better skiers would want, and the transfer is indeed a killer - something like 4 hours from Turin.

The link to Vars extends the area, but the big problem I would imagine is that in poor weather you are very isolated - there is nothing nearby which you can be bussed into.

Nightlife in early January was very low-key, so it is difficult to judge. All in all, there are better places, but Risoul is maybe worth a visit at least once.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy