Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone else getting excited about winter yet!!

Poster: A snowHead
@chrisb, I feel you. I have a pair of all mountain skis and they do make a difference off-piste. They also have what is called a twin tip but what I would call a lip at the back that means I can (or rather, could, if I could get the hang of it) ski switch on the local dryslopes.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm trying not to get too excited. It still feels like a long way off and I can only have one skiing holiday this season. After 4 seasons of two skiing holidays that's going to hurt...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@queen bodecia, just to rub it in this might be the first season (in fifteen) that I'll get two. I find that following the site and the magazines and a bit of You Tube makes me feel like I'm involved. And dryslopes. I've been learning jumps and spins and stuff this year. By far the oldest one there and I take a long time to heal these days. But I like it enough to be considering a pair of twin tips once the real snow has gone.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The bad news... I'm only aiming at one ski holiday this year too Sad

The good news... It's 18 weeks long Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Scarpa, Pah, shut up!!

18 weeks of work or pleasure?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well breaking my leg on the 3rd day of last season has given me a great excuse. My wife has agreed to let me do 4 weeks this year (my most yet) to make up for last year.
At Hemel my old packed down boots were pressing painfully on the callus at my break (a bit below the top of the boot) so I've had to buy new ones haven't I. And I damaged my skis and am getting 15% off new Scott Crus'airs after the Hemel ski tests.
I'm cycling twice up Highgate Hill every evening to get fit again.
Am I getting excited? I'll give you one guess Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@henzerani, Just pleasure hopefully.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scarpa, I thought I was doing well with six (separate) weeks!

I might manage a bit more, however, as my daughter is currently living in New Zealand and expecting her first baby at the end of April next year. She wants me to go on an extended visit and I've said I'd feel embarrassed to go all that way without trying to ski there. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Iski, Say hello to my home country for me Cool
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scarpa, Which part do you come from?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Iski, Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
South Auckland, born in Otahuhu and grew up in Papatoetoe. An idyllic childhood of boats, fishing, exploring and generally having fun. I came to the UK aged 10 and pretty much carried on apart from the boating lol
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Scarpa, Lol! I'm going to Auckland, an area called New Lynn. The reason my daughter is there is because her husband is working with 'Alice' on the Waterview project.

@Hells Bells, Sad that she's so far away. Very Happy about the baby and going to see her.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You will have a great time, it's a much more relaxed and outdoor based life out there, perfect for raising kids Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Scarpa, Very Happy
snow report
@Iski, six weeks?! Hats off! I'm getting stick from some quarters for having booked a mere four!
ski holidays
5th ski season at the tender age of 43, was planning to have a winter back in the uk, it's quite hard work switching cooking jobs between the French Alps and the Lake District every 6 months!
But now it's November and my pollards are twitching, going back to paradiski this year, my skiing was'nt up to much last time I was there but this season, I'd be happy if I get to the the North face of the bellcotte!
snow conditions
Can't wait, planning to do 4 weeks, 3 already (loosely) planned, outside chance of 5 if we head to Canada in March, which has been a long term goal of mine.

I can't wait, the weather in Ireland has been really beautiful this year, and it's only now just getting a bit rainy but its still nice & mild, so the thought of again skiing Grands Montets in 5-6 weeks, with the sun light on my back and a lovely fresh coat of cotton wool to play in, has me tickled pink in anticipation.

P.s. now I just need to get fitter so I can enjoy it to the max.....
ski holidays
Not one for getting too excited but this below does make me think that I should get out earlier rather than wait for the resort to open..........

Shows the rewards for skinning up with the lifts closed.

This was last week after the 80cm dump in Serre.

They drove up in 4x4 and then skinned up from Frejus to the top of Cucumelle......

serre che from skions.com
http://vimeo.com/111325385
snow conditions
Just want to see the cold air getting lower in the Alps
snow conditions
Well I'm still trying to wangle a second ski trip, I can't do a second full week as I don't have enough annual leave, but I might be able to scrape together a 4-day short break...
snow conditions
Just signed in for the first time this year to SnowHeads as I was getting excited thinking about skiing in the coming weeks! The Pyrenees have finally got white tops so fingers crossed that the temperature drops and the snow falls...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy