Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car hire innsbruck airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone any experience of hiring a car at Innsbruck airport for accessing the Dolomites ? Any suggestions, recommendation or advice most welcome
Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you dont use cars in spot, better is to book a transfer. If you need car on spot, may be better to rent a car. and, it depends how many pax are you.. calculation is quite simple Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've rented a car in Innsbruck from Sixt at the Innsbruck airport. Rates were reasonable. Make sure to take before and after photos of your car. Sixt is famous for sending you additional charges after the fact. Make sure the car has the window sticker (vignette) for travel on the autobahn. Decision to rent hinges on your location in the Dolomites and how much you plan on moving around. I've bussed it from the airport to the Innsbruck train station, and then by train over the Brenner and then by bus up the appropriate side valley into the Dolomites. Plenty of options and low cost, but a lot of changes which get old quickly when schlepping luggage and ski bags on and off trains and buses. Transfers are much easier, however we did it on a Saturday in early March '14 and the trip took 3 hours vs. the normal 1.5. No weather issues, just crazy traffic.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy