Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

xpert advice on skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ive been offered some salomon scream 10 pilot monocoque skis.they look in very good nick.hes asking for £65 is that a good price or ? Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very old skis I think. Not too sure but you may be able to get much more modern skis for that price. I picked up some 6 yr old Atomic slalom race skis for £75.

Have a read of this thread, been asked before...... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=58825
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In fact, you can often get brand new skis from a few years ago for about £150
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TBH if you are asking the question you shouldn't buy them.

But one one quick, easy test is check completed listings on ebay.

I see there is a pair here in vgc with a starting bid of £10 that attracted no bids.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah.... I agree, I looked at a few postings and sales and would say that they are best consigned to the bin.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the scream range are from around 1999-2000 (I have pair of scream 8 pilots in the garage...!) - a top ski at the time, £65 may be a bit steep (no pun intended !), but if in good condition and little used might be worth a punt...

Should say - I loved mine....

a pair for sale on t'bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-OF-SALOMON-SCREAM-10-PILOT-MONOCOQUE-SKIS-180cm-WITH-SALOMON-TRANSIT-BAG-/231347855233?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item35dd681f81

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saloman-Skis-Pilot-Scream-8-170cm-With-Saloman-Pilot-810-Bindings-/351178118559?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item51c3d8d59f
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Karlos1986,

1. I bet they're more used than described

2. I would be worried about the bindings and I don't think you'll find replacements easily as they (iirc) had a rather unique design

3. The Pilot range was a little like the BBRs, Salomon trying to push the envelope of ski/binding design, not terribly successfully.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Karlos1986,

I bought a pair of scream pilot 10's on fleebay for dryslope use cost me £8 ( very good condition ) but collected as not too far from me so £65 is way! overpriced imo. If they are in great condition maybe around £30 max posted, if poor then def no more than £10-£15 posted. There is a lot better out there now but they are fine as a dryslope ski or for really poor snow conditions as they still perform ok, but should be cheap enough you won't mind binning them if they get wrecked, and you could probably resell the bindings wink

The bindings are non std mounting so a great point to haggle the price as they will be very hard to replace ( you would probably have to buy another pair of the skis to get the bindings).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a set of X-screams you can have for nowt if you collect them?

Given to me by a neighbor that was given a load of ex-hire skis for some reason or another. I never got round to using them, and have some new skis. Not sure on length or condition but i can have a look for you.

Better that they're used than not! If you fancy them I'm in Leicester.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy