Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ABS recall

Poster: A snowHead
https://www.abs-airbag.com/en/kontaktformular/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks, will check mine later tonight.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm ok, phew!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Interestingly it is an issue with Velcro gripping too tightly after long periods. It might be worth thinking about for other similar systems, maybe occasionally opening and resealing them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I actually find mine opening when it shouldn't! Think mine could do with better Velcro not weaker! Plus I set it off at the top of a col last season in error which was a hilarious wheeze for those with us (Torben)....I was just doing annual test fire, honest!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29, remind me not to go heli skiing with you Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jbob, Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark29 wrote:
I set it off at the top of a col last season in error which was a hilarious wheeze for those with us (Torben)....I was just doing annual test fire, honest!

Risk of avalanche in north Yorkshire must be pretty limited as well, still you can never be too careful. I bet you get some serious drifting up on the Col de Buttertubs.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mine is one of the ones potentially affected. As with Mark, I open and check the airbag pouches fairly regularly and have noticed no issues. They are just sending out an additional velcro strip to ensure that it will open more easily.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jbob wrote:
Markymark29, remind me not to go heli skiing with you Very Happy

Your guide will make you disarm the pack before you get in the machine.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
philwig, He's a sneaky bug Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarpa, ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Markymark29 wrote:
I actually find mine opening when it shouldn't! Think mine could do with better Velcro not weaker! Plus I set it off at the top of a col last season in error which was a hilarious wheeze for those with us (Torben)....I was just doing annual test fire, honest!

I shudder to imagine Torben's reaction to that! Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
horizon, Ha, Shake of the head, rolling of eyes and general look of disdain, all fairly light-hearted though......luckily a big following group had not yet arrived! wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Interestingly it is an issue with Velcro gripping too tightly after long periods. It might be worth thinking about for other similar systems, maybe occasionally opening and resealing them.

Skydiving cut away handles are attached to the rig with velcro - you are taught to peel them regularly to prevent this happening.
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
Scarpa, ?

I was attempting to suggest that you would sneakily rearm it so that you could have another accidental discharge hehehe wink
ski holidays
As mentioned above its very much a Velcro issue and if you check your ABS regularly like we all do of course Shocked then it should not really become much of an issue, the other thing which is not widely talked about is the need to have something inside your ABS pack when your using it.

It sounds a bit mad, and in a real situation the chance of skiing around with nothing inside your ABS backpack would be pretty slim if not impossible, but activating the airbags with an empty pack can increase the risk of the airbags inflating inside the pack to some degree.
latest report
livetoski wrote:
It sounds a bit mad, and in a real situation the chance of skiing around with nothing inside your ABS backpack would be pretty slim if not impossible, but activating the airbags with an empty pack can increase the risk of the airbags inflating inside the pack to some degree.

Huh. I'd never heard of that before... is it unique to ABS bags? I can't see how that would happen on my mammut RAS, for example.
latest report
Well my additional little velcro strips arrived this morning.
snow report
Serriadh, Nope not on RAS packs as the airbag has straps and net, plus the mammut bags are a zip system rather than Velcro, its only a ABS thing as far as I know (been wrong before LOL)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy