Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to take 4yr old?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How about somewhere small like Niederau or another small Austrian resort? The difference between Austria and France on prices is usually chasm like. Whilst Niederau itself has a small skiing area, it connects by bus to some other random resort with a decent sized area.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AH you've booked! The runs down to Lindarets are really good.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cacciatore wrote:
feef, Ski Esprit offer single parent deals (a cursory glance suggests no supplement) and child discounts, even at peak times. They may well be fairly well booked up already, but probably worth a look.

At least your son will have similar aged children that he can play with and you can dictate the schedule around whatever works best for you/your son.

May be worth looking at La Rosiere - Le Braconnier. Practically ski in/out, close to the lift. Close to the children's learning and play areas. Very handy for going outside for play/fun/games for you both.

The resort isn't huge (excluding Italy link) and it is generally really easy to get back to the chalet and kids clubs in a hurry, should the need arise.

My daughter learned there at 3 and again at 4 - its a great set-up and, by 4, she was taking the button lift up (50m from the chalet) with her lesson group, then the next lift up and skiing down. All in all a very positive experience for her and, subsequently, for her parents Smile

I don't know what La Ros is like at Half Term, but it's a good place for young kids. When we were there is 2008 (kids 5 and 4), there was a toboggan run just off the blue run into resort which was fenced off with inflatables, so very safe and much enjoyed by the kids. It also tends to be quite warm, being south-facing. Not ideal for serious skiing, but kids prefer to be warm on slush than cold on powder!

Esprit are a good bet, if in your budget. Their accommodation has all sorts of odd rooms here and there which they struggle to fill as they can't take a conventional family. They also have an arrangement with the local ski schools for Esprit-only lessons rather than simply sending kids off to the general melee of group lessons. Therefore, if you can get in accommodation-wise, there should always be the necessary places in ski school. I guess though that booking late for HT would test their operational model to the limit in this respect, so there are no guarantees.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy